So right now I have a crappy Drive CD 100 and was looking to improve. I need something that doesn't exceed $250, and also will take pedals well. I was thinking about the Roland Cube 30x but I hear it doesn't take pedals well. Any suggestions?
Valve Junior
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
The Cube 30x is great...but I would save up for a Blackstar HT-5 combo if you want to run pedals.
peavey envoy, a pretty basic amp at 40 watts but it sounds good and takes well to pedals
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I've heard good things about the lower end peavey stuff if your just practicing, they get a little hissy at high volumes though.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Rage-258-Guitar-Amplifier-with-TransTube-Technology-481336-i1167404.gc

This is the one I used to own/play with, had a sharp clean under 6. after that you kind of have to sacrifice treble to keep audio quality.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
Valve Junior imo if you wanna use pedals
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
How is the valve junior without pedals? I really only have a DD-7 that I use, so I won't constantly be using it and was wondering how it fairs without pedals. I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio and want to make sure the tone gets through, course anything will be better than the crappy drive amp I have.
Also, I've been looking at pictures and it looks like it only has a volume knob, no treble or bass or anything. This isn't an amp that will only work well with pedals is it? I want to be able to have Gain and whatnot without the use of pedals as well. Referring to the Valve Junior by the way. I'm looking at the min half stack looking one. Thanks.
Quote by Jukeboxguitar
Also, I've been looking at pictures and it looks like it only has a volume knob, no treble or bass or anything. This isn't an amp that will only work well with pedals is it? I want to be able to have Gain and whatnot without the use of pedals as well. Referring to the Valve Junior by the way. I'm looking at the min half stack looking one. Thanks.

Without pedals very limited. An EQ is a minimum requirement for me. With as many good pedals as you can afford it turns into an SS killer. I haven't been able to find a better amp for the price, but it is a pedal platform for me.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Fender Champ 600. It's probably the lowest gain amp ever made, but sounds great with pedals.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
I suggest the Blackheart 5W combo amp.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.