I ordered a brand new Sonic Stomp online and received it yesterday. I always thought BBE made super high quality stuff, but the bass contour knob rubs pretty hard on the metal housing of the pedal making it hard to turn. Also there are several flaws in the paint. Surprised this stuff would make it by QC.

The pedal does work perfect, and it improved my amp's tone the way I thought it would. I could probably take the housing off and sand it slightly to make the bass contour quit rubbing and the paint is not a big deal. Not sure if I should call BBE, exchange it with the online retailer, or just keep it. I love what it's doing for my tone and am not real excited about doing an RMA or waiting on warranty work from BBE.
One of the dials on my BBE SS rubs a bit on the chasis, but it's really a non issue.
With this pedal it should be "set and forget". You shouldn't have to be constantly turning the two dials everytime you use it.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
One of the dials on my BBE SS rubs a bit on the chasis, but it's really a non issue.
With this pedal it should be "set and forget". You shouldn't have to be constantly turning the two dials everytime you use it.

This.

When I run mine after my POD a few of the models need settings other then 7/7, but almost everything I run it with sounds good with the same settings.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Thanks. Maybe I should just not worry about the dial or maybe sand the edge so it doesn't rub.

What settings are you using? I didn't have much time to test last night, but around 7 on bass contour and 3 or 4 on process seemed to give the best tone. Above 4 on process it started sounding too processed and treble heavy.
The settings are purely for you to decide, but I keep them at 4/4.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION