So just wondering what the census's leg used while playing sitting down is?

Mines the one across from my picking hand. I actually find it easier to pick.

Then again I have a warlock so I sit the fork of the body on my right leg and put the underside on my left (kin of like how you sit with a flying V) which I find props the next up more and overall makes it easier for me to play faster.

I also find it means my left arm is more open for high notes and solos and such. Gives me more breathing room I guess because my arm isnt pressed against my body :P

Which one do you guys prefer?

Please use tags for tabs....
i place the guitar on my Picking hand leg (my left).
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I'm right handed, so I put it on my left leg so I can angle it upwards. It puts my arm in a more comfortable position for fretting across 5 frets, whereas if it's on my right leg I can barely reach it at all and it puts my wrist in an awkward position for playing higher up the neck.
His death, which happen'd in his berth,
At forty-odd befell:
They went and told the sexton, and
The sexton toll'd the bell
yea... so many electric players i saw at school (graduated last june) would play on the opposite leg. and then they wondered why they could only do chords

Please use tags for tabs....
I rest my guitar on my right leg, same as my picking hand.
I can't imagine that people like to play with the guitar on their other leg:P
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
I play a V so it's between my legs, I have the top horn of the V going over my right leg and the bottom horn going under. Then the side rests on my left leg.
Gear List:
B.C. Rich NT Jr. V (With Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackout in bridge)
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Marshall MG15DFX
Jazz III picks
DR strings
Planet Waves Cables
I play with mine across from my picking hand, angled up slightly. I find this puts my picking arm in a much more natural position, which makes it more tension-free.
I find it much more comfortable to sit with it on my left leg so that it's propped up a bit more. However, when I do that, it makes it difficult to mute unwanted string noise the way I do it now and it's much easier to do it on my right leg. Then again, I don't sit down when I practice much.
Last edited by The.new.guy at Mar 10, 2009,
I sit it on my left leg, else my picking hand tenses up horribly.
Call me Batman.
If I'm playing seriously it's classical style but if I'm just strumming something simple or noodling a bit it'll be the other leg so I don't have to sit so straight...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I'm a classical sitting player, but I could do it on either leg.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
I can play both, but it's a fact that the classical position, from an experience and a medical point of view is far more beneficial to ur playing.

Question answered

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
i put it on classical or on my left leg

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
I can play both, but I prefer my left leg. I find it easier to strum, and its more comfortable with my bulky as hell acoustic.

Unless I'm not even on a chair (eg; cross legged on the floor) then I put it towards my right...

and I sometimes randomly change legs... lol

Please add me if as a friend I helped! (I like to think I'm a friendly person)
Depends on what style I'm playing, where I'm sitting, etc.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Well I have a Rhoads, so when I do sit down it sits on my right leg angled upwards, which is actually pretty comfortable and makes a lot of things much easier, contrary to what some people like to think.

But if I'm standing up and I get to something particularly difficult I have to rest on usually my left leg so I can make bigger stretches and just have an easier angle to play with =)