I've got a 68 Custom Authentic LP (2008). I love the guitar, but the neck is too fat for my hand, making it more difficult to play certain things. I'm looking into having the neck shaved down to that of the 60's LP's. I'm looking for a custom shop or a luthier that would be able to to the work. Someone with a good reputation and who does excellent work. I'd rather pay more for someone reputable who I know does good work than have someone else do a half a## job at a cheaper price and screw it all up. I"m also considering having jumbo frets put on.
Does anyone know of any reputable custom shops that do great work.
Thx

The mere fact that a flame thrower even exists is proof that sometime, somewhere, somebody said to themselves, "You know, I'd like to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
Your location would help...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Your location would help...

Sorry, Anywhere inside the US would work. I'm actually in Indiana
The mere fact that a flame thrower even exists is proof that sometime, somewhere, somebody said to themselves, "You know, I'd like to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
You are better off selling the guitar and getting one with a neck that you prefer. Shaving the neck is going to mean that the guitar will need to be refinished. If you are getting some one reputable to do it I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the 7-800$ range.

Though not every one cares about resale value, doing this will also reduce that as well. So, technically the "cost" of doing this will be the 7-800$ to get it redone + the loss in resale value.
My best advice is to google custom shops (preferably shops that ONLY do custom work) and email them. I know Michael Dolan in California makes wonderful customs and would probably be able to re-profile your neck for you (he's pretty fair on price as well). Just google Dolan Guitars and you'll find the site.