Hey guys.

I need a hardshell case for my acoustic. Problem is, it's rather an uncommon style of guitar. Well, I haven't seen any others around, but I digress.

I know it's not a Dreadnought shape, and it's certainly not a classical shape - but it's somewhere in between. 'Tis a stunner though, in my opinion.

Here:

1935 Harmony Vogue, model B. If someone could tell me the type of shape, so I could find a case, that would be great.

Thanks
00 with a 12 fret clearing, should actually be pretty easy to find a case for that.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Err... it's not an 00. It's an 000. Got 14 fret clearing as well.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Golden-Gate-000-Acoustic-Guitar-Case?sku=541731

This one should serve your purposes just fine.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Thanks guys, much appreciated

Unfortunately I can't buy the one at MusiciansFriend because I'm in the UK, as the shipping would be horrendous. Anyone know where I might get one in the UK, for a decent price? Sub £100 preferably.

Thanks
Last edited by EJD at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by captivate
Err... it's not an 00. It's an 000. Got 14 fret clearing as well.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Golden-Gate-000-Acoustic-Guitar-Case?sku=541731

This one should serve your purposes just fine.

well, I'll be damned, it is 14 frets. That double inlay threw me off, my bad. I thought, though, that the 00 had the smaller upper bought, while the 000 was slightly larger than that of the 00. Like, the Martin 000 series has a larger upper bout than that.
most likely a small acoustic shop will carry a hardcase suitable for your guitar.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Any decently sized guitar store should carry these cases. They're very common. Just bring in your guitar to make sure the fit is nice and snug. If you can't find one that fits snugly then buy a really soft cotton towel or two and fit it around your guitar. If your guitar moves around, it's no good.

Quote by Thomme
well, I'll be damned, it is 14 frets. That double inlay threw me off, my bad. I thought, though, that the 00 had the smaller upper bought, while the 000 was slightly larger than that of the 00. Like, the Martin 000 series has a larger upper bout than that.

haha yeah. I was looking at it an I was like... Don't the 12 fret guitars have a thinner and longer looking upper bout? So then I counted it, haha.
Equipment:

Quote by captivate
Any decently sized guitar store should carry these cases. They're very common. Just bring in your guitar to make sure the fit is nice and snug. If you can't find one that fits snugly then buy a really soft cotton towel or two and fit it around your guitar. If your guitar moves around, it's no good.

haha yeah. I was looking at it an I was like... Don't the 12 fret guitars have a thinner and longer looking upper bout? So then I counted it, haha.

yeah, now that I look at it knowing it's 14 at the joint, it looks to almost be spot on 000, maybe a little slim in the top, but not by much. It's like a mindfudge to look at it at first.... like an MC Escher painting.
1935?! Can you give us an audio sample?
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quote by Thomme

Yeah... beats me why it has a double at 14 rather than 12. Heck, I don't know, I didn't build the thing... I wasn't even alive when it was built. I know Hitler was though

Quote by millerdrr
1935?! Can you give us an audio sample?

Sadly not... I don't have any decent equipment on me. Plus, it's got a bad upbend on the neck and a bellied bridge, so the tone isn't good. The saddle was sanded down so far by the previous owner that a couple of the strings don't even touch it.

But, after I finish a Stratocaster I'm working on, I'll be buying one of these cases (hence the thread) and a humidifier, which I'm told will help straighten it out a bit. Not sure how much, but I'm game to give it a try. If the humidifier thing doesn't return it to a good playable condition, then you can bet it won't be fixed for a few years to come... can't afford it, because I'm really looking more towards amps and pedals for electric guitar.

But she will be fixed one day, and when she is, I'll hit up the A&CG section with a sound sample

Or maybe there are any luthiers on UG who would want to help out a fellow UGer...? Hint hint
Wonder if taking the strings off on a neck that was bowed in too much would help? you know, just for a month or two under a humidifier?
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Maybe with a humidifer - but I tried it without, and it didn't do anything. It creaked as I put the strings on again so I won't be doing that... I might try it with a humidifier stringless though.
Quote by millerdrr
Wonder if taking the strings off on a neck that was bowed in too much would help? you know, just for a month or two under a humidifier?

back in the 30's you were lucky if you had a steel rod in the neck to act as the truss rod. The neck on that thing's probably a boat, too. They'd build guitars with much thicker necks and no reinforcement to prevent bowage, sadly... not many of those old wonders survived.
Quote by Thomme
back in the 30's you were lucky if you had a steel rod in the neck to act as the truss rod. The neck on that thing's probably a boat, too. They'd build guitars with much thicker necks and no reinforcement to prevent bowage, sadly... not many of those old wonders survived.

Yeah, especially because they used super heavy strings back then as well. Mediums would have been considered relatively light.
Equipment:

Quote by Thomme

The neck is pretty big. But, the good thing is, it's not warped one bit. The neck itself is perfectly straight, but it's just the joint that's in an upbend.

I guess I've got something pretty special here then?
my guitar is shaped just like that. mine came with the case but ide check music go round, thats where i got mine.
millerdrr this ones 4 u

BLUEGRASS SUCKS

dont ask why but i liked this smiley the second i saw its name
Just out of interest, how did you come to possess this guitar?
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.