im looking to get a pedal tuner and i was wondering what are my best options it needs to be true bypass and i need to be able to have it mute the amp when i use it and it needs to work well and be around 100 bux ive never used a pedal tuner so i figured id ask here for help thanks guys
\m/ metal up your ass
Boss TU-2
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
I'd recommend the Korg Pitchblack Tuner. It's true bypass, has a really bright screen and i about £50 (less than $100). I don't know if it will mute the amp but you can just turn down the volume on your guitar whili you're tuning if it does'nt.
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
I use the Artec big dot tuner...great tuner for the price. I got mine for $40 used on ebay. Very bright LEDs, easy to use onstage.
My Boss GT-10's got one built in and it works great, much more accuracte than anything I've used before. I'd back any tuner by Boss.
Gear;
- B.C. Rich Warbeast Bloodbound
- B.C. Rich NT Zombie 5-String Bass
- BOSS GT-10 Multi Effects TANK!
...In other words, I'm taking a giant dump on fender owners who use pods.
I'd watch Craigslist/Ebay and if one of the following comes by (good chances they will) I'd get them for a good price
  • Korg Pitchblack (+)
  • Korg DT-10
  • Planet Waves CT-04
  • Boss TU-2
  • Ibanez LU20
  • Fender PT-100
Quote by familybucket
I don't know if it will mute the amp but you can just turn down the volume on your guitar whili you're tuning if it does'nt.

Turning down the volume of the guitar will stop the signal getting to the tuner
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by Sampy
Turning down the volume of the guitar will stop the signal getting to the tuner

Haha. +1.

You could always get a tuner that goes by vibration, such as the Intellitouch PT-2, but then again, that's not a pedal tuner, and I don't think it's as accurate as a strobe.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
No it doesnt, not with mine. HA
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
Tu-2 messes with the tone and with the pitch black you can use it on stage as a momentary mute switch to silence the guitar.

Also its a brighter screen with an easier method to tell when your in tune ( I like the strobe mode but there are 3 to choose from, on strobe it just blinks really fast when its in tune) and more accurate AND is way sexier IMO.

Go on ebay and lookup a pitchblack, trust me its worth it.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
korg pitchblack ftw
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
I second the Korg Pitchblack, I'm gonna grab one myself one of these days.

The Boss TU-2 is good too, but I'm not sure if it's True Bypass, (the Korg is)
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
pitch black, definitely.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Quote by Muramasa
sonic reasearch Turbo Tuner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD_U7YPFqKg

I really think I'm going to order one

That is indeed the best tuner in the market probably. Never seen anything more accurate. Then again it is pricey. If anyone wants, I can post a review on www.guitarliving.com, just email me at andres@guitarliving.com

Then again there is not much to say about a tuner other than its accuracy, and tuning options. The turbo tuner is the best.
One thing to look at is that some tuners are more accurate than others. What's great about the Korg tuners is that the pedal versions are accurate to 1 cent, whereas most other pedal tuners are only accurate to 3 cents.

The only issue I take with the Pitchblack is that, while it is bright, it's very difficult to see if there's a glare on it. That said, I'll probably never come off of my DT-10.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I just bought a Korg Pitchblack, waiting for it to arrive
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic DG-22 Ebony
Bugera 6262 combo
Blackheart Little Giant Half-stack
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Boss RC-2 Loop Station