Sorry if this the wrong place to ask...

I have a Cube 60 and a completely custom strat-style guitar with active EMG's and some modded circuitry. Any Cube users have an idea on how I should set the EQ/EFX to get that heavy fuzz sound? Thanks.
Quote by chillingmike
hmm. well i might get a new guitar soon but in the meantime, any suggestions?

if i were you i wouldnt dream about getting a new guitar until i got a new amp.

i think a big muff might well be a good temporary solution

what else do you want to play?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Distortion pedals don't work well with my amp. A thing about the amp though is that my dad went to the guitar store and bought the first thing the guy reccomended, I didn't get any input in it. However, I still might be able to get a different one. I was thinking a tube amp would be the best for me? I don't know if I want to get a half stack or anything like that, I just play in my bedroom, and sometimes at friends houses with other musicians.

I like bands like Muse, Audioslave/RATM, EVH, AC/DC, and Wolfmother. All completely different sounds, which is another part of my problem. I want versatility. Anyone have any ideas on what the hell I should do?

Thanks.
Your gear should be able to do it. Just experiment.
Use one of the lesser gain settings (Metal Stack maybe), or the R-Fier with the gain rolled back Mess with the EQ, work your neck pickup and your tone knob on the guitar.
^ or an equalizer instead of a fuzz. Just use your gain channel, but the phsaer is o so important.
I'm not sure if you're interested/able to get a new amp or not but Andrew from Wolfmother uses Orange Amps. He obviously uses the bigger halfstacks but my brother uses an Orange Tiny Terror through a 4x12 Marshall cab and he can definitely get that Wolfmother sound. He doesn't have a phaser pedal so for something like the intro to Joker and the Theif he'll just slowly rock his wah pedal and it sounds fantastic.