Well, I'm somewhat smart...but my grades in school would show otherwise. I've narrowed my problem down to 3 basic principles; Organization, Disipline, and Focus. Are there any mental exercises that I can do to increase my ability to do these things?
Sit down and shut up.
Quote by JezuzFingerz
Oh i lol'd quite a lot. Internets to you Normul. Normul you are the funniest man on all the internets. I would gladly make dirty lovin' to Normul all night long. Normul is the reason I breath. Normul
Stop coming here. It gives you ADD.
Tonight, we stagger out from the basement...

I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.

...Or fall to our deaths from above
i'm the same bro. good thing about it is it makes you a good fighter, you filter out less information.
be happy your not a drone
train nen, the concentration of the mind.

first start with "ten", which is where you concentrate on and visualise a single point to find yourself and your goal. "zetsu", or "toungue", is expressing your goal, either by spoken word or simple thought or writing. "ren", the will, is your desire to reach that goal. by combining all previous excersizes you will be able to perform "hatsu", the action.

Start working out it does wonders.
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
gkj sr dyjgfj ydjgnjbjg

that

ancient chinese recipe

remember the dog
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by CoreysMonster

first start with "ten", which is where you concentrate on and visualise a single point to find yourself and your goal. "zetsu", or "toungue", is expressing your goal, either by spoken word or simple thought or writing. "ren", the will, is your desire to reach that goal. by combining all previous excersizes you will be able to perform "hatsu", the action.

That was a load of hippie bull****.
Quote by JezuzFingerz
Oh i lol'd quite a lot. Internets to you Normul. Normul you are the funniest man on all the internets. I would gladly make dirty lovin' to Normul all night long. Normul is the reason I breath. Normul
Quote by CoreysMonster

Sounds interesting enough to give it a shot!

EDIT:
Quote by Normul

But when you think about it, it sounds very truthful.

P.S. Sounded more like buddhism to me.
Last edited by The.new.guy at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by Normul

wrong, a bunch of asian martial arts bull****.

don't be put off because it's in a comic, it really is part of the foundation of many martial arts.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Mar 10, 2009,
I have a problem focusing because I have ADHD and I don't take medicine for it, I refuse to. I kinda have it under control, but I do space out at times. I just sit in front of every class so that I'm look at the tutor the whole time.
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Why don't you just get medicine for your ADD. Pop some adderall and get to studying.
Quote by Hobby
Why don't you just get medicine for your ADD. Pop some adderall and get to studying.

First off, meds for ADD are RX only, yes? Meaning I need to get diagnosed first. My parents refuse to take me to get diagnosed. I've thought I had ADD for...2 years now? I also think that I'm bipolar and I have yet to be diagnosed for that.
Quote by The.new.guy
First off, meds for ADD are RX only, yes? Meaning I need to get diagnosed first. My parents refuse to take me to get diagnosed. I've thought I had ADD for...2 years now? I also think that I'm bipolar and I have yet to be diagnosed for that.

They should really take you to get diagnosed, don't try to diagnose things on your own.
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
ADD is nothing a hard kick in the arse wouldn't solve.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
They should really take you to get diagnosed, don't try to diagnose things on your own.

I'm not. It's just my thought on it.

This is what I've been telling them for a long time...I'll try harder, I suppose.
Quote by The.new.guy
I'm not. It's just my thought on it.

This is what I've been telling them for a long time...I'll try harder, I suppose.

If it's affecting your work in school then they should want to..
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
I used to have trouble focusing but I think that was a Psychological thing because now that I like my lessons (started college this year) I don't have the problem anymore. It's hard to care when you're in non-voluntary education because you have no perspective on your future.
Quote by Hobby

What the hell is ADD? I first found this under Boxxy's video. Is it some kind of hyperactivity? Or some slight mental problem?
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Quote by The.new.guy

If you were Bipolar Type I, you'd know. If you were Bipolar Type II, you might not know for sure but you'd have a decent idea.

The only thing I can come up with is just to do puzzles and stuff. That or break your work up into a bunch of bursts of work.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by aaciseric
I used to have trouble focusing but I think that was a Psychological thing because now that I like my lessons (started college this year) I don't have the problem anymore. It's hard to care when you're in non-voluntary education because you have no perspective on your future.

This is true. I had a harder time focusing then, now that I'm in uni it's been better.
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
I have a problem focusing because I have ADHD and I don't take medicine for it, I refuse to. I kinda have it under control, but I do space out at times. I just sit in front of every class so that I'm look at the tutor the whole time.

I recommend you get some drugs, dudette. I got ADHD as well, and the drugs help A LOT. It's really amazing how much they help.

Get conerta though, ritalin sucks.

Once again, the drugs do help. In my case, at least.

EDIT:

Quote by Daneeka
What the hell is ADD? I first found this under Boxxy's video. Is it some kind of hyperactivity? Or some slight mental problem?

ADHD is stands for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, which is hyperactivity plus the inability to focus and concentrate on something for more than a few minutes. ADD is the same, just without the hyperactivity part. ADD and ADHD are often confused with eachother, so the dude probably meant that Boxxy had ADHD.
Last edited by wokketywok at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by wokketywok
I recommend you get some drugs, dude. I got ADHD as well, and the drugs help A LOT. It's really amazing how much they help.

I take wayyyyy too many things already, I don't need any more drugs...
And on her gaudy bier,
Dead beauty with a tear!
Quote by wokketywok
I recommend you get some drugs, dude. I got ADHD as well, and the drugs help A LOT. It's really amazing how much they help.

Might wanna change that word.
Quote by aaciseric
Might wanna change that word.

I recommend dudette.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Study taoism.

Start meditating by doing breathing exercises. Before you know it you'll have some sort of clarity.

Think of your mind as a monkey, running around mad. Now try to train that monkey to eat calmly from the palm of your hand.

There is also research that show diet and environment can effect mental focus, and the poor diet of americans contributes to ADD.
"You can drink an ugly chick hot, but you can’t drink a fat chick skinny."

Fender: HSS Stratocaster

Modulus: 1991 Q5

Peavey:158BASS
Marshall: MG30FDX
Acoustic: B200
When I can't focus I know it's time to go get new glasses.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Grow a pair and get to work. The people at the top of the class aren't necessarily the smartest; just the hardest workers.
Yo Adrian!
Quote by The.new.guy
Have you ever heard the expression "easier said than done?"

Focus is the result of self discipline. Don't let over done expressions control your life. You are the only one that can provide the "focus" that you seek. Start by setting yourself very simple attainable tasks. Add more as you get in the habit of working.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Maybe you're just stupid?

This is Larry The If you click him, he will give you magic powers.
srsly.

If you are not willing to die for the perfect s'more, Then you don't deserve a s'more at all.
Quote by The.new.guy
Have you ever heard the expression "easier said than done?"

Of course it's easier to say things than actually do them. That's what willpower is for. Find your inspiration to work harder. If you don't have one, then you are an empty human being.
Yo Adrian!
Quote by Normul
Sit down and shut up.

Kapow! Spot on.

You know what the problem is, thus you already know how to handle it.