what is a fake book?
how's different from a book that is dedicated to an artist or album?
is the music somehow different? not faithfully rendered?

thanks for answering my dumb question
A fake book is a collection of musical lead sheets intended to help a performer quickly learn new songs. Each song in a fake book contains the melody line, basic chords, and lyrics - the minimal information needed by a musician to make an impromptu arrangement of a song, or "fake it."

The fake book is a central part of the culture of playing music in public, particularly in jazz, where improvisation is particularly valued.

Fake books are not intended for novices: the reader must follow and interpret the scant notation, and is expected to have thorough familiarity with chords and sheet music. However, fake books can be an avenue to playing songs quickly; a few chords and a one-note melody line can allow even an amateur to play a passable version of any song with relative ease.

Despite the name, fake books are often unbound, consisting of a thick, loose stack of sheets.

pulled from wikipedia....
sorta like the many versions you get of the 'real book' - a collection of Jazz standards
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Did you google it?

Probably not.
I did it for you though:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fake_book
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
thanks for the replies

x6ax, Kingyem0c0re & LordPino - given a choice between asking wikipedia, or google, and asking people who are directly interested in a given subject, I ask the people...please forgive me.

btw, why "answer" if you don't know yourself?

i'm happy to have helped you learn something