Poll: Did you enjoy the film?
Poll Options
View poll results: Did you enjoy the film?
Yes
147 52%
No
38 14%
Eh, there was too much penis/blue balls
60 21%
I've seen it once and I'm going to see it again!
36 13%
Voters: 281.
Page 1 of 3
actually I'am off to see it on thursday, I'am also interested in what people think about it
I haven't seen the movie, but I've read the book several times. It's brilliant.
Call me Batman.
Yes i loved it. There was nothing i didnt like about it except for president nixon. The actor they chose for him was horrible.
Last edited by FortuneFaded at Mar 10, 2009,
I loved it. Was a bit too long yeah but the story is still amazing!! I dont think that it would have been possible to go in depth into the characters like in the book because of time constraints but amazing no the less!
Mustaine For President!!

Co-founder of the UG"We're gonna kill emos with HURLS!"club. Pm me or con job to join
Dont Be Shy Sign UP!! WE NEED YOU!
I'm reading the book at the moment, gonna go see the film when I'm finished. I work in a cinema so I'm desperately trying to finish it before my next shift.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by FortuneFaded
Yes i loved it. There was nothing i didnt like about it except for president nixon. The actor they chose for him was horrible.

Hey you know I thought the same thing- seems like his face was melting off the whole time. Other than that, no complaints really.
I didnt like the annoying font size or colour of it.
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

It was awesome, just don't cry when it isn't exactly like the book. Every super geek walking out of the theater would rather complain about what was different than enjoy what was the same.
Quote by JonasStevens
I've heard so many mixed reviews of this movie; I'm just going to see it when it comes out on DVD.

You know I thought the same thing but it was fun to see it on the big screen. I will ususally only see comic book/action movies in theaters.
I saw it during the premiere, and my friends dressed up as rorshach(sp?) and the comedian respectively; twas a blast, and I definately reccomend it. I have been told that the movie was very faithful to the book (haven't read it yet; is on to-do list) so that's always a plus, and obviously some maturity is required for Dr. Manhattans scenes.
Last edited by captainoid at Mar 10, 2009,
I couldn't stand it. It was boring and slow for the most part and in between there was just some pointless violence and uncomfortably long sex scenes. The whole story could have been done in an hour but they had to drag it out to three. I thought the acting was great however, but just the way it was pieced together, it just seemed nothing was happening to advance the story at all. And why couldn't Dr. Manhattan put on some damn pants?!
what a waste of a perfectly good sig.
Liked: Followed the book incredibly.
Disliked: Followed the book almost too much.

I think i'd have enjoyed the movie alot more if i hadn't read the book. The book is great, it's just knowing what was going to happen in the movie from reading it kind of detrected from the enjoyment.

Other then that it was a pretty good, solid movie. Can't wait for the DVD to come out.

Quote by pedalguy1
I couldn't stand it. It was boring and slow for the most part and in between there was just some pointless violence and uncomfortably long sex scenes. The whole story could have been done in an hour but they had to drag it out to three. I thought the acting was great however, but just the way it was pieced together, it just seemed nothing was happening to advance the story at all. And why couldn't Dr. Manhattan put on some damn pants?!

Read the book. It even explains why Manhattan wont wear any clothes.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Last edited by Pookie6 at Mar 10, 2009,
The Comedian is the man.

If by "man" you mean a raping piece of crap, yeah, I agree with you.

And why couldn't Dr. Manhattan put on some damn pants?!
He doesn't give a damn about what humans think of him anymore.
Call me Batman.
I got sick of superhero movies after spiderman 2, however my dad will probably drag me to see it.
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I got sick of superhero movies after spiderman 2, however my dad will probably drag me to see it.

Honestly it's not even really a "super hero" movie. And i don't recommend watching it with you dad
I was watching this interview with Zack Snyder (The Director) and I thought it was funny how he said himself "This isn't really a super hero movie, if you try to fight one of these guys in an alley they WILL kill you."
The first thing that popped in my head was that alley fight with spider man where he threw a few punches and the thugs just got up and ran perfectly fine

I vote yes, it's an AMAZING movie
Last edited by l33TgUiT@rd00d at Mar 10, 2009,
I thought that awkward handshake between Rorchasche and Nite Owl was brilliant.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
I liked the movie, but

Even though sex scenes are enjoyable in some cases, I feel that they put too many in The Watchmen.

MC name = Bearrorism
I saw the movie after much anticipation and I have to say that despite a rare amount of skepticism as to whever it was a possible adaptation, I really enjoyed it. It was mostly thorough and looked absolutely as It should! Despite being little shy of 3 hours in length the movie is exceptionally well paced and never once let my attention slip. Huge chunks of the dialogue and narration as supplied by the journal entries were word for word and recited with a degree of ability and a sense of value and importance that I'm sure even Mr Moore would be acceptant of!

That said there were things that have occured that I simply do not agree with. Now I appreciate that the level of character complexity could be exceedingly difficult to portray. For example the main issue that I took from the book is the whole question of moral ambiguity which was sort of addressed to a certain extent but far from a central theme!
However why change the ending? Now it was a subtle change I accept but why was Dr Manhattan fingered as the bomber instead of the beasty from outer space. The result is similair as a tool of unification but what purpose does this change fulfill? I would like to hear an explanation for this.

This film was so good that unless you have read the book I would not advise watching watchmen as you simply would not appreciate the grandiose scale that this movie has undertaken and very nearly accomplished!

This was rushed and probably lacking the desired flow and form etc but I n answer to the original post,.. YAY!
did any body else thank god they put underwear on dr manhattan when he was giant in vietnam? 10 foot blue penis may have been too much

But who cares.. i loved the film
I loved this film, and I hail it as the Second Greatest Super Hero Film Of All Time. It loses the top spot only to this:

Both are highly recommended viewing.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by redeyedbluesman

However why change the ending? Now it was a subtle change I accept but why was Dr Manhattan fingered as the bomber instead of the beasty from outer space. The result is similair as a tool of unification but what purpose does this change fulfill? I would like to hear an explanation for this.

They would have had to include all of the subplots relating to the construction of the beast. They made it a bomb for time's sake.
Rorscach is beyond the coolest anything ever. Ever. Agree?
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Yamaha RBX170
Quote by Past-time
Rorscach is beyond the coolest anything ever. Ever. Agree?

When he said "I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me!" it was the most metal thing ever.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Kind of wish it was longer as to include some more things from the book. I thought Laurie and Jon's talk on Mars wasn't as good as the book, and the new ending absolutely sucked. Why blame Jon? Why is that better than the squid ending?

My #1 displeasure with the movie: everything that made Adrian so cool in the book....there was none of that in the movie. He was so confident and inspirational in the book. In the movie he was pretty queer
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
I vote yay due to the excellent adaptation from print to film, who cares if Manhattan didn't have any pants? Watching it in IMAX made his balls even more EPIC!!!
Quote by BobMarleysGhost
When he said "I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with me!" it was the most metal thing ever.

Omg yes! When Nite Owl punched the guy's bone through his skin was another amazing part.

Good sex scenes too
Zac Efron was at the premiere.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by FortuneFaded

edit: I also like the ending change from the books and The Comedian is the man.

Ever heard of a Caricature? The features are supposed to be exaggerated like that. The voice was spot on aswell.

Quote by pedalguy1

There is constantly something happening that advances the story. Just because it's not blunt and obvious doesn't mean it's not happening.

As for the rest.
You just managed to completely miss the point of EVERYTHING. GG.

And the Dr. Manhattan thing is explained in the book. Go read it.

Quote by BobMarleysGhost

People actually applauded that line in the cinema
Last edited by JilaX^ at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by Spartan101400
I vote yay due to the excellent adaptation from print to film, who cares if Manhattan didn't have any pants? Watching it in IMAX made his balls even more EPIC!!!

OMG IMAX must have been insane! Did you feel when he walked as well??
Why is the only thing people talk about when discussing the movie Dr. Manhattan's penis? It's an animated, blue penis. Get over it.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Why is the only thing people talk about when discussing the movie Dr. Manhattan's penis? It's an animated, blue penis. Get over it.

When I saw it most of the audience had some real issues with Lower Manhattan.
Some even walked out!
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Page 1 of 3