I used the ultimate settings thread, but the tone was way off even after 30+ minutes of tweaking. Have any of you 6505+ users found a good Matt Heafy tone?
If you can't get a good Heafy tone from the same amphe uses, you're doing it wrong

Nah - What cab are you using and what settings have you tried?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
If you can't get a good Heafy tone from the same amphe uses, you're doing it wrong

Nah - What cab are you using and what settings have you tried?

I've tried tons of settings, I've found some decent original ones, but not a good Heafy one. I'm using the stock 6505 cab. I know, I know, flame me.
Eh. The stock cab is okay, but not perfect - it's a middy cab and the 6505 is a very middy amp. Try cutting the mids a little bit, putting the treble roughly at 1-2 o'clock and put the bass... maybe on a similar set as the mids - possibly a little bit more.

As for presence and resonance, all I do is set them to 12 o'clock each and adjust to taste from there.

Just bear in mind that if you're trying to get a tone similar to that on The Crusade, you may want to use the crunch channel with a fair bit of gain.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by Yngwi3
Eh. The stock cab is okay, but not perfect - it's a middy cab and the 6505 is a very middy amp. Try cutting the mids a little bit, putting the treble roughly at 1-2 o'clock and put the bass... maybe on a similar set as the mids - possibly a little bit more.

As for presence and resonance, all I do is set them to 12 o'clock each and adjust to taste from there.

Just bear in mind that if you're trying to get a tone similar to that on The Crusade, you may want to use the crunch channel with a fair bit of gain.

Thanks!
i thought heafy used a XXX? they sound alot less fizzy, but im sure if you eq'd it well it could sound close. can't say much else because i don't own a 6505/+

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
He used a XXX on some tracks of Ember To Inferno, but he and Corey use 6505 and 6505+s now
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Just remember that chasing studio tones most of the time is an impossible feat. There are a number of different factors to calculate in due to different gear used and studio tricks. Also your not using the exact same gear so like stated you have to adjust according to the cab. But in the end if you get close count your blessings and dont kill yourself trying to achieve something that is probably impossible in the first place.
^+1 - There's a lot of post recording editing going on so you're not going to get studio tone, but hell you can get a pretty good tone trying
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by Yngwi3
^+1 - There's a lot of post recording editing going on so you're not going to get studio tone, but hell you can get a pretty good tone trying

Yup
And it can be quite fun and informative at times as long as you dont go over board on your quest lol. I've found alot of good tips, tricks and setting combos by starting with someone elses settings and toying around from there.