So im looking to expand my song library that i can play, and therefor, increase my speed.

I want to go through an entire bands catalouge and learn every song for the lead guitar chronologically.

Bands I love are... C.o.B, AC/DC, GNR, Motley Crue, Alice Cooper, And such.
What is a good place to start.

And for those who say "Play scales, its better". I am playing scales, I have an hour and 20 minute class period where most of that time i play scales. (mostly the major scale and pentatonics, sometimes even the pentacostals) So I want something to suppliment that.
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
ESP LTD Eclipse 1000, ASB
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
What can you play already?
but out of those id recommend AC/DC as they have pretty average playing ability stuff but with some tricky solos and some nice chords.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Screaming for Vengeance - Judas Priest would be pretty sick but I wouldn't know if you were up to it or not.
I can play sweet child of mine minus the huge solo, Crazy train minus the solo, Some Rolling Stones, Mr.Brownstone, Random "everyone knows" riffs like enter sandman.
I know open chords, bar chords, power chords, and triads.
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Quote by charlie__flynn
What can you play already?
but out of those id recommend AC/DC as they have pretty average playing ability stuff but with some tricky solos and some nice chords.

Beating around the bush, thats a very fast riff and COOL song :P

Favorite solos:

Comfortably Numb
Since I've Been Loving you
Wicked World
Mr. Crowley
Welcome To BucketheadLand
Perfect Crime
Lazy
Nightrain
The Lemon Song
Quote by Vastros
I can play sweet child of mine minus the huge solo, Crazy train minus the solo, Some Rolling Stones, Mr.Brownstone, Random "everyone knows" riffs like enter sandman.
I know open chords, bar chords, power chords, and triads.

lol then keep away from the Priest.

I wouldn't think that the Highway to Hell album by ACDC is too bad, but it's been a while since i listened. Check it out
If you like C.o.B try Between the Buried and Me, As Blood Runs Black and Protest the Hero
great stuff to learn, complex, but it will give you something new to play for sure

I recommend Limb From Limb by Protest the Hero to just start with some advanced picking (economy/sweeping)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsorrQCeO8M

and practice it SLOOOOOOOOOW first... muscle memory helps soo much with this stuff
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Last edited by cukd7x-a2- at Mar 10, 2009,
Oh and I can play Cowboys from hell =)
Gear:
Agile 2000 2ts
Amps:
Crate GTD65
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
If you're up to a challenge....like super challenge. Start lookin into Lamb of God, your digits will definately get a workout
Try Dr. Feelgood by Motley as well its pretty easy
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor