alrighty. n00b question here with my smartgate. i have it set on full and the knob around the ten o clock position, with my high trigger on, and it completely kills all of my noise.

HOWEVER, it really fluctuates with my volume. like, it keeps getting louder and quiter. im running it after my maximizer and tuner in my effects loop. any suggestions on how to fix it?

also, another n00b question about my power conditioner. would it be safe if i left all of my components on, and just used my power conditioner as a crossover to power my whole rig too? or should i turn each thing off and on individually?
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
Not so sure about the nose gate, should be a settings issue though, try tweaking a little. About the power conditioner: I would recommend getting into the habit of turning things off one at a time. It might not matter now, but some effects units will dump memory if you unplug them before you power down. If that's not an issue, I think you'll get away with it.
i figured itd be best to turn them all off one at a time, and its really not an inconvenience haha. just wondered! thanks!
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
with a noise gate you never want it to have no noise. Best way to do it is turn until you hear no noise, then turn it down a notch.