For you hovering preview fellows, you're about to see a lot of Fender content. Now click!

Anyway, here we go...

Today I traded my VK112 for a Blues Jr! It's not in pristine shape, in fact it's missing the handle, but it's in good working order. It's the USA model, which surprised me, and it has the cover and footswitch. The speaker is an EVM 12L Series II, which isn't my first choice for a speaker but it's leagues above the stock Fender crap they're putting in these things. No clips yet, but here are some pictures:

Front w/ Switch

Top (with Ukulele case hiding behind it)

Back Side

Back Panel with my Nikon D60 in the reflection

Obligatory Family Shot (minus Gibson SG, Eastwood Airline, and all the guitars I left at home)

I haven't had a whole lot of time to play with it, I have a lot of work to do today and so do my room mates (so no cranking it up in the common room...) but I might shoot for some clips in a few days. My pedal board is also out with the guitarist of the band that I manage, since his metal zone had no place in a rig with a custom PRS and a Fender hot rod. I'll get some clips with the OCD for sure. I can't wait to hear that combination. My Fuzz Factory is the only pedal I had sitting around here (it scared the guy borrowing my board, so I held on to it...I don't blame him) and it sounded absolutely amazing. There will be clips of that as well when I get around to it.

Anyone know where I can get a new handle?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Tis a beauty...

Mine is on the way
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
Quote by Horlicks
You're kidding about the EVM right? They're worth about $300.

Son of a bitch, really? I'm selling this thing and getting something with a lower power rating...

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats man. Great amp and made in USA too? Awesome.

Tele looks pretty fresh too.

Hah, thanks! I love my tele to death. It's a 50s Classic in White Blonde. I got it back in 2007 for my 18th birthday. My dad got it for me mostly because of the song 'We Laugh at Danger and Break all the Rules' by Against Me! which starts out 'it was a birthday gift of a Mexican telecaster.' And the fact that we saw Buddy Guy playing one a few weeks before. Fun story for y'all there.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Last edited by Sid McCall at Mar 10, 2009,
Very nice fender collection you have going there. I like the Bjr, it's a perfect little blues/rock amp.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
sweet!!!

its too bad everyone gets to have new amp days but me.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
sweet!!!

its too bad everyone gets to have new amp days but me.

If you ask me, you don't need one! Or a NGD! You're allowed to have a NPD but that's it.

I also just managed to randomly acquire a TS808 for the night (I have to give it back tomorrow) but this is going to be quite fun for a few hours...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Congrats.

I love my blues jr, crank it.
reach in the darkness for what you can find travel great distance in your mind.
^ thank you SO much!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
HNAD.

I almost bought a Blues Jr. a while ago. I still want one, they're pretty sweet amps.
Quote by Sid McCall
If you ask me, you don't need one! Or a NGD! You're allowed to have a NPD but that's it.

I also just managed to randomly acquire a TS808 for the night (I have to give it back tomorrow) but this is going to be quite fun for a few hours...

haha, but neither of my amps work!! i need one lol.
besides, nothing is better than the first few days of having a toy to play with, everything sounds so fresh and new, and you just cant stop playing. i hope your having fun with it!!!
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Congrats!

Also, nice to know I'm not the only DSLR owning fool around here.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
congrats!

looks nice
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
SID! That amp is f***ing beautiful! I want to steal that from you so badly!
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
^ haha back off, my rude boy brother!

Quote by BaffAttack
Congrats!

Also, nice to know I'm not the only DSLR owning fool around here.

Funny you say that, I just got in from a photoshoot for the newspaper I work for. I was taking pictures of Joey from Full House doing stand up comedy. I went from plastic film cameras to DSLR. It was quite the jump.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Nice!

What don't you like about the EVM??? The 12L is the best current-production speaker money can buy IMO.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I now want a Blues Junior.

Not one that looks like that, though.

One like this

Two of those came through my job last night
^ I hate you. I was so happy with mine, then I saw that. Seriously, that was mean.
...maybe one day I'll have one that pretty

Quote by MatrixClaw
Nice!

What don't you like about the EVM??? The 12L is the best current-production speaker money can buy IMO.

I dunno, I haven't had much time with it yet. I just feel like I would be better off with a lower-rated speaker for vintage breakup instead of a 200w speaker that seems suited for heavy metal. Am I wrong here?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Wow, I can't believe that dude traded you with considering that speaker.

Very nice, I think the BJr is probably the best amp out there for 300 bones if you're into blues and classic rock.

The EVM is a high quality speaker, I'd keep it if I was you.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Yeah I've been reading up on this speaker, and I'm pretty excited about it. I can't wait to crank my amp sometime this week. He doesn't know a whole lot about gear, and he barely knew the name of the speaker when I asked him. My speaker was swapped as well (Redcoat) so I guess he saw it as an equal deal. Oh well, I'm happy.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Sid McCall
I dunno, I haven't had much time with it yet. I just feel like I would be better off with a lower-rated speaker for vintage breakup instead of a 200w speaker that seems suited for heavy metal. Am I wrong here?

That's true, I think they sound great clean though, but I have one in my open-back Duncan combo and it has the tighest low-end I've ever heard in a open-back design. If I had the cash, I buy 3 more and put them in my 1960
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com