I know you guys get a load of these threads everyday but I really need some help.
I need an amp thats very versatile because i play lots of different styles mostly metal and rock but also some blues.
I need a fairly loud amp because I sometimes jam with friends but i also need to be able to practise at home with it. My budget is around 500 euros but i can stretch that a bit.
My guitar is a jackson dkmgt, ill probably sell it and buy a strat soon.
Thanks guys
Last edited by Sporkling at Mar 10, 2009,
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Gear
ESP LTD Truckster James Hetfield Sig
120W Bugera 333 Amp
Harley Benton G212 Vintage Cab

Desired Gear
ESP EX Diamond
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
MXR 10-Band EQ

C4C
Illusory Master
definately a roland cube 60!!! There perfect for getting a great tone for practice and jamming with other people. Honestly you could probably do well enough gigging with it hooked up to a 2x12. It does everything and does it very well
Check out the Bugera combo amps. All-tube, not very expensive, but sound great, and despite issues some people have said about reliabilty, it's unlikely that will happen. ~400-550 euros~
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.
500 euros = how many american dollars ? sry but you can try looking for a used peavey triple x it bright but the cleans are decent and it pretty versatile
Thanks guys, would the bugeras or the valveking be way too loud for home use?
How are the vypyrs? and is the roland cube 80x significantly better than the cube 60?
thanks guys.

I would go used but there is almost no used market in Ireland and 500 euros is about the same as 500 dollars because of ridiculous prices.
Last edited by Sporkling at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by whoswt
500 euros = how many american dollars ? sry but you can try looking for a used peavey triple x it bright but the cleans are decent and it pretty versatile

500 euros= $785.35 US
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
the bugeras might be too loud for what you want. they are all 120 watt all tube amps. the VK 2x12 is 100watt all tube. if you go tube i would look at something around 50 watt tube and under 100watt tube.
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
For practice, yes you do want a lower wattage to sound better at lower sound levels. Bugera makes a 50 watt combo with 1 speaker also, if you are still looking into them.
The world doesn't revolve around you. If it does, beware. You're probably about to pass out drunk.

The 19 year old who knows his stuff. Most of the time.