I want this Fender strat. Its the tex mex deluxe fat strat. I've played it is very nice but I havent played it on an amp with distortion. Just because of the feel I see a need to get it. I want to know if the tex mex pups are good for clean at all? and I'd like to get a high output pickup for it like an Invader is that a good idea? I play mostly punk. Anything from Blink 182 to the Ramones. I want a nice distorted sound for the humbucker and a nice clean for the single coils because I play some ska and that needs good cleans. Any help would be nice
Get the one that has the chrome plating and wraps around the sides of your car...

Oh wait... That's the wrong kind of fender.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I've got an Invader.
I first had it in my squier and the sound kicked some ass.
Now I got it in my custom made Les Paul and it kicks hundreds of asses.
Get it!
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by strat0blaster
Get the one that has the chrome plating and wraps around the sides of your car...

Oh wait... That's the wrong kind of fender.

haha ya i will get that 2
The invader is a nice pickup for what it is, but it's kind of a one trick pony. I loved it in my TD when I first started using it, but got tired of it quickly. I'd suggest a Dimi Super Distortion, Seymour Duncan JB or Gibson Dirt Fingers over the Invader, actually.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Quote by Thomme
The invader is a nice pickup for what it is, but it's kind of a one trick pony. I loved it in my TD when I first started using it, but got tired of it quickly. I'd suggest a Dimi Super Distortion, Seymour Duncan JB or Gibson Dirt Fingers over the Invader, actually.

ya i was actually trying to decide between the JB and Dirty Fingers for my epi les paul. Would the invader sound betetr in a les paul or strat? and would a dirty fingers soumd good in either?
I wouldnt think that you'd need a hi-output pick-up on a strat for punk stuff. Just remember to keep your treble down and bass up and those single coils can get a pretty good crunch
Quote by fenderdude41
ya i was actually trying to decide between the JB and Dirty Fingers for my epi les paul. Would the invader sound betetr in a les paul or strat? and would a dirty fingers soumd good in either?

I would personally think that the invader would sound better in an LP than a strat, but... I just love my JB. It's got great all around tone. I've only ever used the Invader in the TD strat and I've personally never used the dirty fingers, but they're got more dynamics than an Invader.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.