Edited my questian
Sorry, for bad typing

OK, i have recently bought guitar rig kontroll edition and it won't sound as good on my lap top as on my desktop computer. The sound sounds like ... ... no name for it, but it sounds not good as on my desctop pc.

It's hard to describe a sound problem. Its the same on both soundcards i've used. It's a vista, but that doesn't matter ,because i have got this problem on a XP too.
Last edited by GisleAune at Mar 10, 2009,
your laptop probably just isn't powerful enough to keep up with the software, try increasing the sample buffer (though be warned that this will increase latency)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
explain your problem a bit more clearly and we might be able to help.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Your sound card just isn't good enough.
Ibanez S7320
Marshall Valvestate 100v Model 8100 Head
Marshall 1936 Lead Cab
\m/ Latria \m/
Quote by new_age_reject

it is good, just sounds different on two PCs
yeah that's a soundcard problem, make sure you have any DSP that inbuilt in your soundcard turned off.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah that's a soundcard problem, make sure you have any DSP that inbuilt in your soundcard turned off.

how do i do this?

my soundcard is the one included in Guitar Rig: Kontrol edition.
if it's that one then it's my earlier suggestion, your computer can't keep up, in audio options of guitar rig you should be able to pull up the control panel for your rigkontrol, turn the sample buffer up and see if that helps.

Also: is the audio being routed back out to your rigkontrol or is it going through the laptop speakers or headphone out, if it's the latter then that's your problem and you can't really do a whole lot ot fix it.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 10, 2009,
It's like guitar -> rig control -> laptop -> Rig control -> Speakers

i tried to increse the buffer size, no difference.
Quote by new_age_reject

Thats absolute bull****! Guitar rig Kontrol has a built in audio interface.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
After some playing i still hear that it didn't make a big change. Ithere is still something wrong.
Not sure if this is your problem, but if you hear crackling on the recordings, make sure you've disabled the wireless card on the laptop-as it keeps searching for a wireless signal, it can mess up your recording.
Is the HQ mode on?

Possibly you have it enabled on the desktop and disabled on the laptop?
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
also make sure the sample rate is set to 4800 (or higher if your interface allows.)

Last.fm
then your laptop probably just doesn't have the power to handle the program properly.

Last.fm
The XP desctop at home works nice, but my brothers desctop which is the same PC with same stuff inside it. It sucks. It must be the settings on the computer.
made a failure clip on my profile, just ignore the WAH-intro

Can you now tell me how to fix it?
I know this sounds a little too obvious, but please tell me you're using the same headphones/external speakers with the laptop and desktop?
Last edited by kyle62 at Mar 11, 2009,
The speakers arent the problem. I tried to record and save it as mp3 and moved it to an ipod. Still the same sound. Have you heard the fail-sample on my profile?
Can you post a sample of how it sounded when it was good, on the other computer? I'm wondering how much difference there is.
There is poetry in despair.
Using the same settings? Same patch?
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)