punk/rock/pop three piece from the midlands, UK. We've got two videos and a recording on our myspace. Check us out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NppNhoEJ8M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCzx2sWNXBI&feature=related

http://www.myspace.com/nuclearbabies

(Invalid img)
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Last edited by damn-right! at Mar 10, 2009,
Yeah we just did two videos with two songs on but they aint studio quality (so whats new?!) an we recorded our version of the spice girls "wannabe" which is on the myspace.

Its good to be back baby!
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
How is punk boring? Its energetic, youthful, fast paced, political expression.
because you could talk about whatever you want, but you're just playing three chords i've heard more than a million times before. Just cause it's fast doesn't mean it isn't boring.
GOMEZ
Originally posted by Marroon5MustDie
It's spelled khoyaschotsii. Trust me, I'm a Native American. My name is Running Rainbow.
Quote by gomezisastud07
because you could talk about whatever you want, but you're just playing three chords i've heard more than a million times before. Just cause it's fast doesn't mean it isn't boring.

Yeah but... It's punk! Do you go around to every punk thread and say the same thing?
No, i don't go to punk threads. Sorry I didn't mean to make a big deal, I just don't like it so yeah.
GOMEZ
It's spelled khoyaschotsii. Trust me, I'm a Native American. My name is Running Rainbow.
Hey if you didnt like my band fair enough! Theres plenty of others who dont and plenty of others who do, but it does feel a little unfair to criticise us for the genre of music we play when I clearly stated in my first post that we are a punk/rock/pop band, what were you expecting to hear? Jazz? Or did you come in here to criticise someone elses taste in music?

I wont crit for crit because I dont feel you've left any comments that are relevant to the intial post, rather you've simply made cliche, vague comments about a genre of music you dont particularly like.

For the record, we could play 2 chords, 6 chords or fret wank and it wouldnt make a damn difference. Complexity doesnt make or break music, passion does and punk has passion. We have passion. I wouldnt trade that for all the technical ability in the world.
Hey I'm pretty sure this forum is to get feedback about your band, I get comments saying people don't like my band, and I just want to know what they don't like, I don't get worked up over it. I said you guys aren't doing anything new, so to me you're not exciting. If you want me to be specific, the vocals don't have a wide range, it's a monotonous feel throughout. The guitar doesn't really do much and the drums are just keeping beat.

As for technicality in music. I didn't state complexity makes good music. That's all.
GOMEZ
Quote by gomezisastud07
Hey I'm pretty sure this forum is to get feedback about your band, I get comments saying people don't like my band, and I just want to know what they don't like, I don't get worked up over it. I said you guys aren't doing anything new, so to me you're not exciting. If you want me to be specific, the vocals don't have a wide range, it's a monotonous feel throughout. The guitar doesn't really do much and the drums are just keeping beat.

As for technicality in music. I didn't state complexity makes good music. That's all.

See now thats better, you've actually commented on the band not the genre. Which song did you listen to? Which song are you referring to because we didnt write one of them (the spice girls cover) and the drums arent really "just keeping beat" in "play some punk..." that would imply no drum rolls or fills or anything, which isnt true.
the two beats on the videos arent live drums theyre synthesised because they were home recorded at the guitarists house and he doesnt have a kit for me to play which, granted does make the songs sound a little monotonous but then the lyrics are good quality and theyre only demos after all.

As for not stating that complexity makes good music, my apologies I must have interpretated "but you're just playing three chords" wrong.

For the record, I can take criticism of my band, especially when we're running three to one in our favour so far. I just felt it was unfair for you to judge based on a genre of music you dont like.
Last edited by damn-right! at Mar 21, 2009,
I was referring to gorgeous. But if the drums were done with a keyboard, ignore my comment. The intro with violin or some instrument was cool.
GOMEZ
sounds pretty good...its not really my style but, it sounds good. where is the bassist? I can hear it in the first song, but I cant see him...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
we've had a whole host of stand in bassists but no permanent one, we have bad luck keeping bassists!