Right..Iv'e normally been able to set my edge 3 bridge up fine until I put gauge 10 strings on it earlier today...
The bridge is now almost 90 degrees in the air and the springs are pretty tight, should I add an extra spring? Its odd cause I didnt think there would be THAT much difference between 9's and 10's///
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If you have only gone up from 9s it really shouldnt be that bad

add some more springs in the back.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
what?!?!?!?! your bridge is nearly at a right angle from the body of your guitar!
like this? ___|___ ?
im not sure what could be causing that, take the strings off and try again, you shouldnt need to put anothe rspring in
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
hmmm....you definintely turn the strings CLOCKWISE to tighten the bridge into the body right? And ok I exageratted slightly, but its pretty far out of the body
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
You screw it into the body, clockwise.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
any time you change a gauge any floating bridge needs adjustung, another spring or even better.. new hard springs will solve this issue.
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Quote by turtlewax
Right..Iv'e normally been able to set my edge 3 bridge up fine until I put gauge 10 strings on it earlier today...
The bridge is now almost 90 degrees in the air and the springs are pretty tight, should I add an extra spring? Its odd cause I didnt think there would be THAT much difference between 9's and 10's///

Remember how the entire bridge shifts when you just bend a note up a whole step? Now think that a .09 high E pulls with 5.49kg (or 13 pounds) of force, and a .10 pulls with 7.35kg (or 16 pounds).
Almost 2kg's difference, and that's just one string. The entire .10 set pulls with almost 47kg of force, the .09 set with about 39kg.

When I was going through troubles with my Edge bridge, people told me to set the springs to \|/, instead of |||.
The \|/ provides more counter force, because the two outersprings are stretching along a further distance.
superman is killing himself tonight
going from 9's to 10's on my mia strat caused the bridge to lift maybe 20 degrees, an extra spring and a tad tighter on the claw screw fixed it.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
well Iv'e managed to get the guitar playable now, its suprising how little you have to tighten the springs to help. 10's are definetly harder to play on, but the tension means you can play faster and they have a heavier tone.