Well I'm going to ask the experts out there. I'm going for the good ol' 70's twangy punk tone. Any suggestions? Nothing over $1500 bucks please.
my idea of punk is much different than yours im sure, but i would say SF fender amp with a proco rat or some other dist. pedal.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Marshall jcm 800/900/2000?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Vox AC30
Fender Supersonic
Marshall JMP/Plexi/early 80's JCM800
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
wouldnt the twangy feel also be asociated with your guitar aswell.

look into finding a good strat type guitar or tele aswell.
Egnater Rebel 20?
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Tele + distortion pedal of your choice + Fender amp would do it nicely.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
$1500?

Fender Blues Deluxe + Boss BD-2/Digitech Screamin Blues + Tele/Mosrtie style guitar (what do you have right now?) = 70s punk.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by Sid McCall
Tele + distortion pedal of your choice + Fender amp would do it nicely.

Not for twangy seventies punk. I'm thinking X/The Clash. They just turned the amps up really loud, mostly.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by THEKID546
wouldnt the twangy feel also be asociated with your guitar aswell.

look into finding a good strat type guitar or tele aswell.

I'm not a fan of strats. Lars of Rancid has the twang and he uses an Epi Les Paul. I know that Marshalls were widely used back in the early punk days.
TS, you might want to sell one of your guitars and invest in a Telecaster.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
TS, you might want to sell one of your guitars and invest in a Telecaster.

Lol. I'll never sell my guitars. Money is really not a factor. I just don't want to spend an assload on an amp.
Quote by MommasHooligan
Lol. I'll never sell my guitars. Money is really not a factor. I just don't want to spend an assload on an amp.

Jeez, wish I could say that.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Then go for a Blues Deluxe with one of the OD pedals I recommended and you won't be far off at all. I've tried it, it does sound great, especially if you mix the distortion and OD on the Screamin Blues. A Boss OS-2 works as well, but it doesn't quite have that twangy character.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by BaffAttack
Jeez, wish I could say that.

Lol. I'm in the Army and have very few financial obligations so I have some extra change every paycheck to blow on gear. Might as well get the stuff while I can
Quote by sesstreets
Marshall jcm 800/900/2000?

the 900.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
So should I stick with my current Randall and just try out a Strat instead? Couldn't hurt to try it I guess :P
Quote by Kozlic
the 900.

Not for 70's punk.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
^yah its to gainy.

best bet is a jcm800
Last edited by THEKID546 at Mar 10, 2009,
soldano sl100 i think its called
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Most punks back then, the ones who played underground gigs with no recording deal, played cheap guitars through cheap amps: we were skint and couldn't afford Marshalls and Vox's and ****. I had a Linear 40 watt SS POS that was really loud: didn't even have a distortion pedal! Just turned it up until the speaker started to cry.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC