Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
It's a licensed version. (I.E. A copy)
Ultra Win
Quote by GnR_ROK

“A baby’s on the way.”

I could kick you in the stomach
And catch you unawares
I could swear to God you accidentally
Fell that flight of stairs
Thats a cheaper version of an OFR, still good but not the best. Its only an original if it says "Floyd Rose" (engraved) onto the side of the plate, next to the saddles. Even then its not a guarunteed OFR.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
wow I didn't know u could get cheaper FR's.

I really need to look into this (when I get money of course).
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Thanks, but do you think it's any good though?
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
The cheaper ones work, but they don't keep tune as well as an OFR. If you're not doing huge divebombs or playing songs like "For the Love of God" (awesome to play), it should be good enough. The difference in price isn't all that much, so why not get an OFR instead of a licensed.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by familybucket

I bet they are decent, but it proably is dependant on the one you actually get.

I suggest if you play gigs or anything get the Original.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by familybucket

It's just like guitars... there are Les Paul's and Les Paul copies. Depends.
Quote by SnooBag101
what does "licensed" mean?

The company pays a license fee to Floyd Rose to use their design.
The real good ones can be upgraded with real Floyd Parts.
It's probably a POS; Get a Gotoh FR.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Floyd Rose licensed but not originals by the way
Gear:

-ESP/LTD M-100FM
-Yamaha Pacifica PAC012
-PBS 15Watts Amplifier
-Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Monster 25ft. Cable
-Dunlop Tortex 1mm Picks
-Dunlop Strap (Heavy Duty)
- Ernie Ball 10-46
no. the big clue is that it's £36, apart from anything else.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
its a cheap imitation dude, i wouldnt buy it.
the best ones are the original floyd rose, ibanez edge(original), new gotoh or Schaller versions
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
I can't say enough about my Jackson Licensed FR. In never goes out of tune. I hit the strings pretty hard most of the time too.
Quote by SPBY
The cheaper ones work, but they don't keep tune as well as an OFR. If you're not doing huge divebombs or playing songs like "For the Love of God" (awesome to play), it should be good enough. The difference in price isn't all that much, so why not get an OFR instead of a licensed.

licensed are usually under 50 bucks and an OFR is 160 at least.. so why not get an OFR? because it's 100 bucks more. that's why.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
^ it might be 100 bucks more, but a really cheap one is liable to just be a pile of crap. not all licensed floyds are equal.

Quote by 667
I can't say enough about my Jackson Licensed FR. In never goes out of tune. I hit the strings pretty hard most of the time too.

maybe. however, that dude on ebay is not selling a jackson jt580LP, so...

o_O
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ it might be 100 bucks more, but a really cheap one is liable to just be a pile of crap. not all licensed floyds are equal.

maybe. however, that dude on ebay is not selling a jackson jt580LP, so...

o_O

True. Don't you have a Gotoh FR on your RG, dave? Why not that? It's quite a bit cheaper than an OFR and (arguably) better quality.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i've, er, bought one for my rg, but never got round to fitting it (the studs were too big, and the old studs aren't in too great shape). i've got one on my legra, too, though, it's a high-quality trem.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by SPBY

Funny cuz, the BEST floyd rose's are licienced....i dont mean the jackson ones i mean the Ibanez ones from 1990's and 1980's like the edge and lo pro(which steve vai uses on all his model guitars and recordings) the edge and lo pro are by far the best floyd rose's because they use very stong metals so the knife edges dont ware. I have a Ibanez rg 770 dxlb with a edge trem. after 19 years worth of playing and 3 generations then to me...the thing still stays in tune..and it had a crack in the neck(which was repaired) AND STILLS STAYS IN TUNE. I havent changed my stings in over 3 months(no rust) havent tuned it once, i checked last friday if i was in tune...on the nose man on all strings.
Quote by tenaciousjp
Funny cuz, the BEST floyd rose's are licienced....i dont mean the jackson ones i mean the Ibanez ones from 1990's and 1980's like the edge and lo pro(which steve vai uses on all his model guitars and recordings) the edge and lo pro are by far the best floyd rose's because they use very stong metals so the knife edges dont ware. I have a Ibanez rg 770 dxlb with a edge trem. after 19 years worth of playing and 3 generations then to me...the thing still stays in tune..and it had a crack in the neck(which was repaired) AND STILLS STAYS IN TUNE. I havent changed my stings in over 3 months(no rust) havent tuned it once, i checked last friday if i was in tune...on the nose man on all strings.

really? nice! that may be so, but give it too me for 10 min. and ill throw it at least a few cents out...although i may break a string or maybe even a bar while trying
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B