So the notes would be, G A B C D E F G.

....Riiiiight?
Play the music, not the instrument. ~Author Unknown

blackzeppelion
Who's the band that could become the next led zeppelin?
Ovenman
Iron blimp.
J.A.M
Aluminum helicopter.
Ovenman
*Breaks out periodic table* Magnesium bi-plane.
No. Read the sticky and delete this thread.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
if only
searchbar modes
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by Archeo Avis
No. Read the sticky and delete this thread.

this is accurate. it contains the same notes but thats about it. i suggest +1 to read the sticky.
I wasn't asking whether a G Mixolydian scale and a C major scale were the same thing, I was asking if they contained the same notes.

blackzeppelion
Ovenman
Iron blimp.
J.A.M
Aluminum helicopter.
Ovenman
G mixolydian is relative to C major. C major is the parent major scale of G mixolydian. But that just means they have the same notes. G mixolydian is NOT the C major scale "just starting on a G". The important difference is that one is G something and the other is C something

G mixolydian is more like the G major scale with a flat seventh.
G Major = G A B C D E F# G
G Mixolydian = G A B C D E F G

As said - read the mode sticky it should all be in there. Then if there's anything there you don't get ask away.

Edit: Sorry typing as you posted that last one. C major is the parent scale of G mixolydian, they do indeed use the same notes.
Si
Last edited by 20Tigers at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by MarshmallowPies
I wasn't asking whether a G Mixolydian scale and a C major scale were the same thing, I was asking if they contained the same notes.

You asked...

Is G Mixolydian a C major scale, just starting on G?

No, it isn't. Read the sticky.
Chances are you lack the requisite knowledge to understand modes.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by 20Tigers
G mixolydian is relative to C major. C major is the parent major scale of G mixolydian. But that just means they have the same notes. G mixolydian is NOT the C major scale "just starting on a G". The important difference is that one is G something and the other is C something

G mixolydian is more like the G major scale with a flat seventh.
G Major = G A B C D E F# G
G Mixolydian = G A B C D E F G

As said - read the mode sticky it should all be in there. Then if there's anything there you don't get ask away.

Thank you.

blackzeppelion
Ovenman
Iron blimp.
J.A.M
Aluminum helicopter.
Ovenman
Quote by MarshmallowPies

Yes, they do.
shred is gaudy music