which amp should i get because i heard the peavey vypyr has lots of effects and is loud but i like the mini stack cause it is a stack. any other suggestions? my budget is 300$ and what guitar sounds good with the amps with not that much feedback
When life gives you lemons, give it limes.

Gear

Ernie ball not even slinkys 12-56s
Squier sp10
Squier Special Strat
mad skillz
are you serious?
vypyr
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
vypyr forsure.
Gear:
Ibanez GSZ120
Mitchell MD-100S
Roland Cube 60
Boss DD-7
Vypyr, don't even THINK of getting the MG stack.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I have the mini stack from England. It's got some cool tone. Only if you crank it. But seriously not enough power to practice with a band. Shame. It looks just geeky enough for us.
Look, I don't mind MG's, provided they're 10-15 watts. 30 and up is overkill IMO. Any stack MG is also overkill, even the mini one.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'm not gonna jump right on the bandwagon. But I will ask one question first: do you use any pedals? If so, as heretic as it may sound to most of UG, go for the MG stack OUT OF THOSE TWO, but I would recommend a Peavey Envoy or even a Fender Frontman first.

If you don't use pedals, don't even consider the MG. Go for the Vypyr, but look at a Roland Cube or Vox Valvetronix first.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
IMO, the Cube and VT and Vypyr are more or less on the same level tonewise, maybe the VT and Vypyr a tiny bit ahead of the cube. But really, any of those three.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden