I know what a basic Aug 6th chord is and i know it is used as a strong predominance but what are the differences between the basic aug 6th and the French, Italian, and German aug 6th
you are what you is
The italian sixth adds a flatted first (I think), not too sure on the german though.
Ones from Italy the other's from France and Germany.

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea.
Si
You're out of your depth.

And who are you to be so judgemental? And do you have nothing else to add to the thread other than that?

And TS, I have no idea on your question. Perhaps it's the way the different composers used the sixth? I suppose a Neapolitan Sixth and an Italian sixth are somewhat related.
Quote by Confusius
And who are you to be so judgemental? And do you have nothing else to add to the thread other than that?

And TS, I have no idea on your question. Perhaps it's the way the different composers used the sixth? I suppose a Neapolitan Sixth and an Italian sixth are somewhat related.

Because your addition to this thread is soooo much more helpful

All 3 varieties of X6 chords have the augmented 6th, which resolves outward. They also have a 3rd above the root (should be a major third, forming a tritone with the augmented 6th, if you built the chord right)

The fourth voice has a different function in each:

In the italian, it doubles the note a third above the root
In the french, it plays a fourth above the root (the interval itself is augmented - a tritone)
In the german, it plays a fifth above the root. In the german, resolving straight to the V will cause a form of parallel perfects called "mozart fifths" which are acceptable but if you're set against them you can delay the resolution with a V 6/4 - 5/3