So I go down to my local shop to get a couple of guitars set-up and re-fretted, and after I take care of that, I ask to try out the Fulltone DejaVibe (I've been trying to decide between the Fulltone and a Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe).

He says no problem and takes a look at my guitar (2007 Highway One Stratocaster) so he can go find something along those lines. He pulls a guitar off the wall and asks me to follow him into the amp room. He sets up the Deja Vibe, plugs me into a Mesa-Boogie Triaxis going into a Mesa SimulClass 2:90, and then hands me an original 1960 Stratocaster (the tag says "Please ask" on price). He then walks out.

I sit there, stunned, unable to believe what I have been hooked into. There is a little card attached to the Triaxis that informs me how to set up for some different tones and I pick a vintage Mesa, Santana-esque setting. I set my knobs, check my pickups, and start playing.

I now realize why people can get away charging $25,000 for the set-up I played through. Jesus friggin' Christ.
Fighting the good fight since 'ought-diggity.

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
You have taken the first step into the world of GAS. Well done, grasshopper.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
hahahaha
sounds awesome
now i want it.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Get what you pay for
theres sh*t tons of amazing tone out there if youve got the cash
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
your local shop has a real 60s strat and lets people play on it which aren't willing to buy it?
why doesnt that happen around here?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
once you feel it...you'll never be the same!! haha

i plugged my uncle's 1980 gibson les paul standard into his marshall slash silver jubilee once and since then, i've become the pickiest mother****er about gear
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by hendriko
your local shop has a real 60s strat and lets people play on it which aren't willing to buy it?
why doesnt that happen around here?

Well, my brother and I have been regulars for more than 10 years, so the owner trusted me. But I also think he was just trying to sell a $275 pedal by making it sound absolutely amazing .

My Gear

"When you think of it, a really good effect should not mean that your search is over; it should mean that your journey is just getting started."
i think i just had a mini-gasm reading that
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by shadow__666
You have taken the first step into the world of GAS. Well done, grasshopper.

Word.
You do know that you won't be able to sleep at night until you get that sort of gear from now on, don't you, VT?

EDIT: Did you buy the pedal in the end, or what?
Quote by VisionaryTics
Well, my brother and I have been regulars for more than 10 years, so the owner trusted me. But I also think he was just trying to sell a $275 pedal by making it sound absolutely amazing .

ah well that explains it, but the fact that there is one there remains

and - who wouldn't buy the pedal then (AND THE GUITAR)

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
yeah, you will regret that. once i started trying out high end equipment, i have hated everything i own as far as guitars and amps go. some things can sound soooo great, but it ruins the things we can afford haha. oh well. i will have a lonestar soon enough.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by TheQuailman
Word.
You do know that you won't be able to sleep at night until you get that sort of gear from now on, don't you, VT?

EDIT: Did you buy the pedal in the end, or what?

No. It's darker and more swirly than the Micro Vibe, but not hugely so. I didn't like the vibrato setting, and I can buy the Micro Vibe and a Carbon Copy for about the same price as the Deja Vibe.

So, I didn't think it was worth the extra cash.

-edit- I don't really have any envy, though. I have a great sounding MIA Stratocaster into a Blues Junior with a pretty nice pedalboard. I've always been kind of choosy about my gear, so I've never owned a clunker.

My Gear

Last edited by VisionaryTics at Mar 10, 2009,
They have a Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC at my local guitar shop, but it's $2,100 and only those who are seriously going to buy it are allowed to try it....
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
They have a Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC at my local guitar shop, but it's $2,100 and only those who are seriously going to buy it are allowed to try it....

how do they determine who is 'serious" about to buy it.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
how do they determine who is 'serious" about to buy it.

well, lets just say someone who is wearing ripped jeans, has long hair and whose age ends in "Teen" probably doesn't have $2,100 to spend
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by chea_man
yeah, you will regret that. once i started trying out high end equipment, i have hated everything i own as far as guitars and amps go. some things can sound soooo great, but it ruins the things we can afford haha. oh well. i will have a lonestar soon enough.

If you don't like your gear, can I have your Bassman?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
If you don't like your gear, can I have your Bassman?

right now its a silverface bassman than doesnt work.
soon it will will be a blackfaced bassman/jtm 45 with gain boost. so no, haha.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
As a follow up...

Here's why I hate going to Guitar Center. I go to try out a pedal at my local shop, and, like I said, they do everything they can to showcase the tone of the pedal and give me a complete rundown on specs and opinions.

I went to GC today to try out a Carbon Copy and I have to play a busted-ass Squier going into a Marshall MG30. It took me and the guy working there 5 minutes to figure out how to plug into the pedal since their set-up is so disorganized. Then when I buy it, the guy ringing me up says, "Sweet pedal, but you should look at the Boss. I just like the sound of analog delays like the Boss."

Facepalm.

My Gear

Quote by VisionaryTics
As a follow up...

Here's why I hate going to Guitar Center. I go to try out a pedal at my local shop, and, like I said, they do everything they can to showcase the tone of the pedal and give me a complete rundown on specs and opinions.

I went to GC today to try out a Carbon Copy and I have to play a busted-ass Squier going into a Marshall MG30. It took me and the guy working there 5 minutes to figure out how to plug into the pedal since their set-up is so disorganized. Then when I buy it, the guy ringing me up says, "Sweet pedal, but you should look at the Boss. I just like the sound of analog delays like the Boss."

Facepalm.

Rofl. Good ol' GC employees...
You guys didn't hear that the new digital delay is analog?
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Quote by pilgrimevan
Feels good man

lulz.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412