Three months ago I got an acoustic bass, specifically: http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-EAB-Fretless-Acoustic-Electric-Bass-515949-i1389363.gc

By now the stock strings are virtually unplayable and I would really like some help because I have previously only changed the strings on my electrics. What strings and string gauges should I get?

Also, the strings are almost pressed onto the first few frets, is there any way to change the string height on an acoustic?

Much appreciated.
Quote by rockonth
Why don't they just send 4chan to Iraq if they're so good at these so called "raids"?

Quote by entity0009
I once got hit by a flying wig. Either it was a wig or someone was headbanging far too hard.
You can either get bog standard flatwound strings, or just get bog standard acoustic bass strings, which are much kinder to the fretboard than other roundwounds.

And for string height, neck bow makes a huge difference. Of course you'll get a thousand responses telling you to file the saddle down - you're not going to get it right. Don't risk it. Straighten the neck and learn to play it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
You can either get bog standard flatwound strings, or just get bog standard acoustic bass strings, which are much kinder to the fretboard than other roundwounds.

And for string height, neck bow makes a huge difference. Of course you'll get a thousand responses telling you to file the saddle down - you're not going to get it right. Don't risk it. Straighten the neck and learn to play it.

Thanks a ton!
Quote by rockonth
Why don't they just send 4chan to Iraq if they're so good at these so called "raids"?

Quote by entity0009
I once got hit by a flying wig. Either it was a wig or someone was headbanging far too hard.
Quote by Saint Scarhand
Also, the strings are almost pressed onto the first few frets, is there any way to change the string height on an acoustic?
Much appreciated.

On a fretless? You mean the strings are almost on the board at the low end of the neck, right? Sounds like a back bow and the truss rod needs loosening, but I'm not a luthier, so you might want to consult a pro.

As for strings, I use LaBella nylon tape wounds on my ABG's; .060, .070, .097, .115.
Quote by OtamotPuhctek
On a fretless? You mean the strings are almost on the board at the low end of the neck, right? Sounds like a back bow and the truss rod needs loosening, but I'm not a luthier, so you might want to consult a pro.

As for strings, I use LaBella nylon tape wounds on my ABG's; .060, .070, .097, .115.

Yeah that's what I meant. And to be honest I was lazy and didn't get the neck set after I purchased, which was really just my own stupidity.
Quote by rockonth

Quote by entity0009