I bought a stolen cell phone from my friend for really cheap. I think its locked to telus. But what are my options as to what i can do with it? im thought i would give it a shot and see if i can make it work when i go for a new plan soon. Im pretty sure its a red krazer K2
What the **** is up with UG and buying stolen ****?
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

If the person who lost it reports it stolen it may make an ok paperweight as the network kills the IMEI number, which will stop the phone working on any network
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
That'll learn you to not buy stolen goods. Idiot.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
trow it at your friend for ripping you off

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by BigBrownBeaver
I don't care if i cant do anything, but i wanted to see if it was capable of anything.

If it's locked then nope. Years ago phones only got blocked from the network they were on when they were stolen, but they changed that because it was pretty much pointless.

You could try to get the IMEI changed, but I think that is a pretty serious criminal offence, you can get up to 5 years for it in the UK and I'd imagine America would be stricter due to how much they love terrorism.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Quote by faultyy
If it's locked then nope. Years ago phones only got blocked from the network they were on when they were stolen, but they changed that because it was pretty much pointless.

You could try to get the IMEI changed, but I think that is a pretty serious criminal offence, you can get up to 5 years for it in the UK and I'd imagine America would be stricter due to how much they love terrorism.

while this is probably true, I fail to see how changing a phone's IMEI could possibly help a terrorist.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
while this is probably true, I fail to see how changing a phone's IMEI could possibly help a terrorist.

I suppose it'd make the phone harder to trace, seeing as there may be more than 1 with the same IMEI or it will be an IMEI no network or manufacturer has heard of

Originally Posted by BigBrownBeaver
what are my options as to what i can do with it?

i think your only real option is to throw it at small children.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Generally the whole "locked" thing is to prevent thieves from doing stuff with it.
No it isn't, it's to make it difficult for you to move to another network.

You can generally get phones unlocked at any dodgy mobile shop in your local open air market.