well my guitar teacher told me my guitar was tuned flat yesterday after tuning on my tuner at 440 mhz. what setting should it be on to be right in tune?
440 im pretty sure, does your guitar have a tremolo?
Mah Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX
Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Yamaha F-310
Kustom Arrow 16DFX
nope i was just wandering cause he can almost always put me in perfect tune by ear which i cant do yet but ty
Hopefully you meant to say A 440 Hz (Concert A) as reference. That is generally regarded as the "standard" tuning reference.

If your teacher is insisting that that is "flat" most decent tuners can be adjusted from 427 - 452 Hz depending on brand/model.
well mine goes from 410-480 and i really dont give a **** about it beeing called "concert a " so no i didnt mean to say that
Quote by devinb132
well mine goes from 410-480 and i really dont give a **** about it beeing called "concert a " so no i didnt mean to say that

Sorry to have upset you, but you had put in 440 mhz, which is a VHF radio frequency, not a note.
Quote by Quintex
Sorry to have upset you, but you had put in 440 mhz, which is a VHF radio frequency, not a note.

Actually, 440 mHz is a choppy lake frequency. You're thinking of MHz.
Quote by Dodeka
Actually, 440 mHz is a choppy lake frequency. You're thinking of MHz.

You are correct, he had the "m" lower case for milli. Kinda unforgivable mistake by me considering I live in a metric country.

I feel shame.