So I recently received my Peavey Classic 30. I love everything about it minus the fact that it doesn't come with a footswitch! Checking the internet, it seems like Peavey doesn't even make a footswitch for this amp series any more.

So my question to you, UG, is what Footswitch should I buy to control this amp?

Thanks in advance!
Quote by Reverend-Me
Ebay i would think..

I checked already and only got one hit, some custom built pedal. It looked halfway decent, but I'm looking for more opinions.
Basically any 2 button switch with a stereo input. The Vox one is good, and peavey makes one for the delta blues amp that works with the classic.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
I bought one of these off eBay.....

http://www.creamcitymusic.com/p-36333-peavey-03054360-2-button-stereo-footswitch.aspx

The newer versions have Leds, but I don't know if they work with the C30. My guess is that they would.

EDIT: LOL, didn't notice the same link above. Well I have a C30 so it does work.
Last edited by fly135 at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by fly135
I bought one of these off eBay.....

http://www.creamcitymusic.com/p-36333-peavey-03054360-2-button-stereo-footswitch.aspx

The newer versions have Leds, but I don't know if they work with the C30. My guess is that they would.

EDIT: LOL, didn't notice the same link above. Well I have a C30 so it does work.

I will get this as a last resort, but I've heard a good number of reports of them being pretty cheap and weak. I'd prefer something a little more heavy duty if possible xD
Hmm I've never seen that vox one before and I can't find the other one I had in mind on musiciansfriend so I'm guessing that is the newer version. And I'm guessing it should work... but I can't be sure.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
If you were looking the black label on ebay, i would totally recommend it. Its built like a tank and has nice, bright, blue led lights to indicate if its on or not.
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Hummingbird
Yamaha CG-101
Peavey Classic 30
Quote by Dandaman4716
If you were looking the black label on ebay, i would totally recommend it. Its built like a tank and has nice, bright, blue led lights to indicate if its on or not.

Yeah, that was what I was looking at. You just have to buy a stereo cable for it separately, correct?
that vox one (or any switch with a single 1/4 inch cord coming out), It doesnt have an input or output. Does it?

can you use that with other effects pedals?
Quote by AloneInSpace
Yeah, that was what I was looking at. You just have to buy a stereo cable for it separately, correct?

yup yup
Epiphone G-310 SG
Epiphone Hummingbird
Yamaha CG-101
Peavey Classic 30
Quote by PAPPA J
that vox one (or any switch with a single 1/4 inch cord coming out), It doesnt have an input or output. Does it?

can you use that with other effects pedals?

nevermind, I figured it out, there is a seperate input at the back of the amp just for the footswitch