Well, I got the audio interface and the proper cables, but I forgot to check to make sure that my sound card had the hookups I needed. So I'm looking for a sound card that can let me record for cheap. I tried looking through past posts, but they either weren't quite what I was looking for, or were more than I really want to spend at this point.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Would something like either of these work?

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0231541

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0219398
Haven't you heard?

It's a battle of words
Last edited by Kentris.5 at Mar 10, 2009,
an Audio interface is essentially an external soundcard, you shouldn't need another one.

also both of the cards you linked to are hi-fi cards that won't do a bit of good for recording anyway. I actually have the first one you listed, and it's a nice hi-fi card for the price, but I would never use it to record stuff.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 10, 2009,
Get an audio interface..

Give us more info.

How many tracks at once?
Quality?
Price?
DAW?
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
I won't be recording more than one track at once. As for quality, it doesn't have to be top of the line, but I'd like it to be fairly free of stuff like hissing and so forth. My price range is under $100, but the lower the better. This is pretty much just hobby level stuff at present. If it's cheaper to just get an audio interface I'm listening to any advice you got.
Haven't you heard?

It's a battle of words
Last edited by Kentris.5 at Mar 10, 2009,
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Mar 10, 2009,
Or you could opt for a PCI card to plug your preamp into. They are good value for money and are faster than either USB or Firewire. Something like the M-Audio Audiophile 2496 is a good choice within your budget.
There is poetry in despair.