Tomorrow i have the choice of either a MIM strat or an Epi Dot, both around about 300 GBP. What do you guys think will be best, im after a Rolling Stones type sound, but also a guitar which can Play more modern Rock i.e. Kings of Leon.
I have a Gibson Les Paul at the minute too so i would like a guitar which isnt too similar to this.

Cheers
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco Sunburst
Laney VC-15
Quote by snell
Tomorrow i have the choice of either a MIM strat or an Epi Dot, both around about 300 GBP. What do you guys think will be best, im after a Rolling Stones type sound, but also a guitar which can Play more modern Rock i.e. Kings of Leon.
I have a Gibson Les Paul at the minute too so i would like a guitar which isnt too similar to this.

Cheers

epi. fender blows
Quote by douchewibbler
fail
i have a Dot Deluxe and it produces a really nice warm sound(blues and rock music) that i truely enjoy when i need that type of tone, it plays modern rock pretty well but best suited for a softer style.

strats are too twangy for me.
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Strat

Edit: Mostly because at that price it's the better bargain of the two, but also cos they're pretty versatile too.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
Last edited by -NOFX- at Mar 10, 2009,
Go with the dot, its one of the best investments ive ever invested in. Its super versatile
The Dot is great and personally I'm not not much of a Strat fan, but if you already have an LP it's a bit redundant.
But get a tele.
Yeah, I'd go with a MIM Tele, if you already have an LP. Strats are great, and the MIM strats are great instruments for the price, but if your really looking for a Stoneish sound, get the Tele. You can always throw a humbucker in the neck like Keef's.