So I was noodling around and found this little progression that sounds good:

C A# F G# C

(all major chords)

So, how to find what key its in?
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

since they're all major chords that means that all of the key signatures for the chords are included in the scale that it is in the key of. If that helps, I dont feel like going into deep detail sorry.
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Looks like C augmented or half Diminished. Two sharps are the key of D but wrong notes so you may have to adjust if you wish.
Db = Db - Eb - F - Gb - Ab - Bb - C - Db

I got it: It's Db major, using enharmonics.

Unless, the I ii iii IV thing is wrong (I don't know what that's called)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a MT noob.
Quote by Turkeyburger
It's not cool to make fun of people with disabilities.....

(Being Norwegian is a disability)

Quote by BK202

I clear the matter here. It's C# without the C you G# would be 5 and your A# would be 6. If you include The #. The scales would be minor or diminished. Phrygian, Aeolian, Locrian. You may be playing these with major chords have great color, now add some emotion with the above mentioned. Good jamming.
Christ you people like to overcomplicate things.

It's effectively C major, simple as that - there may be chords that technically don't fit but as far as a key goes it comes closest to resolving to that C chord, hence C major. However as far as intervals go it follows C minor so C minor would be a better choice to solo in. It doesn't quite work as a progression because of the funny number of chords, but messing with it in a few different ways the C is what it resolves round. You could rejig the chords to fit C minor, but it does sound pretty good as it is.

It can't be in Db anything because you haven't used the Db chord anywhere.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Mar 11, 2009,
It's Cminor and Cmajor. A# and G# are from Cm. It's a good progression and it's common for scales to borrow chords. Try mixing in some Cm after a C chord... should sound like a nice change. That's always a romantic sound to try. The roots are moving melodically which is the strongest reason (by first impression) that this progression works.
Last edited by Kaos_00 at Mar 11, 2009,
If you learned the circle of fifths it would help you out a lot. With relative minors and such. The circle of fifths will help in music theory all together.

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/fretsource/The%20circle%20of%20fifths%20.jpg

Here is a picture that might help.

And also learn your modal chord scales... like in C major there are no sharps and flats so it will be easier to explain. A C major chord progression can be made with these chords C, D minor, E minor, F, G major, A minor, and B dim.
I ii iii IV V vi vii

I included the intervals.

Just try to learn what scales have what sharps and flats, and what chords in each chord progression are major and minor.

http://www.zentao.com/guitar/modes/modes-4.html <-- This helped me out.

I hope this helps, I'm not much of a teacher.... = /

Oh, and correct me if I'm misleading this guy. If I am, sorry in advance..
the digrams in the second link seems misleading.

Edit:After reading it, it actually makes sense
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Last edited by victoryaloy at Mar 11, 2009,