Hello, I was wondering what type of pickups, tune heads, and any other parts I need to upgrade- I'm usually the lead occasionally I'm rythm I play GNR,Led Zepplin, Metallica, Coheed and Cambria, Ozzy, and that type of music. Also whats the difference between an active or passive pickup I read the guide but I don't seem to understand. But from inferring I think I would want an Active one.
There is info on wiki about active and passive pickups

Basically active pickups have an inbuilt pre amp powered by a battery, passives do not.

If you decide to go with EMGs you will have to route the guitar to fit them, they are not standard size. Seymour Duncan blackouts come in both standard and non standard size.

Go with GOTOH machine heads on an Ibanez and a graphite nut.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Could I get a luthier to do it with me since where I live I don't have access to what I need to mod my guitar and don't want to **** it up
Also what would YOU reccomend. I Use a vypyr 75 so tone wouldn't be too hard to control
i got an idea,

make it a seven string?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by Akreckos
it already is one

i know, it was a joke
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I'd suggest Duncan Blackouts if you're going for actives. Though I'd say for you a JB-7 and '59-7. Yeah, I know, Generic. good combo though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.