Whats the best delay around 100 dollars. Ive looked at the analog delay by MXR and an ibanez. Any suggestions. I have a TS9 tubescreamer, Vox wah, DeltaLab distortion and need some kinda delay. I dont really want a true slapback but more of a delay sry for being so vague. If it helps i play mostly classic rock (Zeppelin mostly) and some alternative, eg. Nirvana. I can stretch to about 150 at MOST. Thnx
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
My friend has this one:
Hardwire Looper
He payed around $150 for it, I think? I had a chance to check it out when he was visiting, and for the money, I thought it was great, especially the looping fx. We were able to loop two guitar lines and solo on top of them. Pretty cool effect, but it also had some great delay settings.
The MXR is a solid analog delay. It gets up to one second of delay time so it can get some nice, long analog delay sounds. It's a really great sounding delay for around $150. Plus the mod switch adds a subtle little chorus effect which really adds to delayed chords or arpeggios.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
hmm my only problem was that whatever I get i needed it to be extremely versatile and ive heard a lot of great things about that Carbon Copy
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
MXR is great, but why dont you look into deltalab DD1?
it's real good for the price. It's digital, but that's all good. It sounds like a boss AND unlike the boss, it's true bypass. for 60 bucks, a true bypass delay?? WTF jump on that ****.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
I say Boss DD-7 or Digitech Hardwire DL-8. both should be under 150. While the Carbon Copy is a great analog delay it's also all it can do, short, warm analog delay. It's not a versatile pedal at all in terms of different functions. If you only need a warm short delay its perfect but if you need stuff like short loops, reverse delay, ping pong delay and stuff like that than the Carbon Copy is no choice since i can only do normal delay without any extra functions.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by apak
MXR is great, but why dont you look into deltalab DD1?
it's real good for the price. It's digital, but that's all good. It sounds like a boss AND unlike the boss, it's true bypass. for 60 bucks, a true bypass delay?? WTF jump on that ****.

I was really intrigued by that one!
Does anyone know the max delay time? [its not on the site]

It looks really cool plus it has a few extra featured i'd enjoy : true bypass, a BLUE LED!, simple to use.

Anyone with more details on this one (or any experience) please contact me.
Sorry for the mini threadjack, I'm looking for a delay too.
Quote by mrxtreme_4
The MXR is a solid analog delay. It gets up to one second of delay time so it can get some nice, long analog delay sounds.

Not true. The CC only get up to 600ms of delay time. For that amount of money, I would get a Digitech Digidelay. Despite DT's bad rep on UG, the Digidelay is a really nice pedal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Last edited by Dr.Pain-MD at Mar 10, 2009,