Hi ive played bass for almost 6 years and im thinking of starting playing guitar just for a change and i was wondering what are some good starting guitars and amps that arent going to cost me an arm and a leg (and i dnt mind playing used if its in good cond.)cause ive never really played to much attention to them so any advice would be great
look up jackson, ibanez, or epiphone starter sets those to me are the best brands to start and also see if there is an ltd esp starter kit with an amp and all that because i thought they had one at a store with an esp ltd guitar and a line 6 amp.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
I don't like to recommend guitars, because you should buy them based on what you like, not what I like, but my Kramer Striker was pretty cheap and it's very reliable. Get the one with the fixed bridge, though. The floyd on it is a cheap metal alloy. Thus, it will warp easily.

Amps I want to say to get a tube amp, but if you don't want to spend very much, and your main instrament is bass, then it's probably not a very good investment. Please, please, PLEASE stay away from Marshall MG ss amps.
I would look into a cheap Ibanez, or an Epiphone. They are great for starting and advanced players and can be pretty cheap. As for an amp, it depends what kind of sound you want to get out of it, but I would go with a Marshall, Roland, Peavey, or Crate.
Quote by VanCamp
Pee on things.

Quote by tukk04
back in black-AC/DC
because maybe it'd revive me instantly
i just hope i don't come back black

My Gear
Epiphone SG
Roland 15 Watt Cube Amp
Samick J-2 Acoustic
What do you want to play?
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
I'd recommend getting an Agile Les Paul with EMG's, a Peavey Vypyr 15w, a Cable, a Strap, some picks and a tuner.
Roland micro cubes I think is what they are called a really good starter amp. They run for like well I don't know?? sorry but look those up
Message me to join the Nerd Guitarist!
You can use your bass amp!
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

I say any guitar that feels good to you
Try a bunch out before buying, i tend to tell people to avoid squiers but if it feels good.

If money is tight use it all on a better guitar if u want and play through your bass amp till you can get a good amp

=]

hope i helped a little
Get a start pack. You can upgrade when you learn what kind of sounds you want out of your guitar and amp.