Special thanks to Hendriko for mentioning the GT-500, earlier.

Fulltone GT-500

Finally got one. Debating the Octafuzz or this. Ended up getting a really good deal on it. So, I couldn't pass it up.

So far, I've been using my LP Jr --> GT-500(@ 9v) --> Champion 600.

It is a loud pedal. Now just the distortion side goes from light distortion to mid/heavy distortion. The b/m/t tone controls are really nice to have. A lot better than just a tone knob. They are pretty reactive too.

The boost side reminds me of my Fat Boost 2. I've read somewhere that it is the same circuit??? I'll a/b them later on. I dig how you can use the boost by itself.

Boost --> Dist, gives you more gain/distortion.
Dist --> Boost, gives a nice volume boost. Though, with the boost's drive knob. You can add some dirt on top of the volume boost.

Like all Fulltone products. I find the craftsmanship it top notch.

I'll do a demo later on. Any questions, feel free to ask. Any recommended a/b's for the demo. Again, just ask.

I just got mine a couple of months ago, and I really like it. I can't wait until I get my new power supply and can try it at different voltages. I get the feeling that using it on 12 volts will be an interesting change from 9 volts. What settings have you used so far?
Right now its, in o'clocks

Boost --> Dist
Boost Volume 9 Drive 4 bass 1 highs 11
Dist Volume 11 Dist 9 b/m/h all at 12

I'm getting a really smooth lead tone.
Dude, you just got new pedals like last week! Cmon, its not fair!!

Congrats though.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack

Congrats though.

I'm very thankful that I'm able to get many pedals.

Thanks

This pedal packs a pretty big punch. This could easily cover one's dist/od/boost needs. All in one pedal. Saves room, on the board, for more MODULATION!!!!
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
awwww I'd love to see it go up against an Xotic AC Booster

Sorry, don't have any Xotic pedals atm.
Quote by The Real Ming
Special thanks to Hendriko for mentioning the GT-500, earlier.

You're welcome

nice stuff here! I wish somebody around me had one for me to try out...
Can you get Townshend stuff out of it? And Page?

So you say it goes only to about mid-gain, right? So I reckon you have a much more sensitive control about those lower-gain levels? Because on my Boss I cannot turn the Gain up higher than 9 o'clock before it gets too high-gain for me...thus I need a lower gain pedal

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by hendriko
You're welcome

nice stuff here! I wish somebody around me had one for me to try out...
Can you get Townshend stuff out of it? And Page?

So you say it goes only to about mid-gain, right? So I reckon you have a much more sensitive control about those lower-gain levels? Because on my Boss I cannot turn the Gain up higher than 9 o'clock before it gets too high-gain for me...thus I need a lower gain pedal

I was kind of wrong with the mid/heavy gain. It gets heavy, but not over the top. Especially with the boost's drive cranked then it going into the dist. Lots of gain there.

With the dist's gain set at 12 o'clock and lower. There is some nice low gain tones. Then on the boost/od side. Turning the knob past 12 o'clock, you have some overdrive gain.

I know I sound confusing. Lets just say that this pedal covers a lot of territory.
hmm alright, so you'd consider it to be rather a distortion than an overdrive pedal? for the lower gain that is

I know, i have to try it myself

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by LaidBack

Congrats though.

Yeah, i looked at your Threads, they are like 80% either NPD, NGD or NAP!!

Totally jealous, dude. CONGRATS!
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by hendriko
hmm alright, so you'd consider it to be rather a distortion than an overdrive pedal? for the lower gain that is

I know, i have to try it myself

It is both, a dist and OD. You have a boost/OD side. It is a boost, unless you turn the drive knob up. Then it acts like an OD. The distortion side goes from light to heavy distortion. When I say heavy. I don't mean death/burn down churches metal heavy. I mean heavy as is rock n' roll heavy. I think that is where I messed up by saying its is med/heavy gain.

So basically you have a 3 in 1 pedal.
1. Boost
2. OD
3. Distortion
^oh alright, so the distortion side is a distortion, the boost acts as an OD, too - interesting!

(my Boss OS-2 can do that too>_>

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

I'm pretty sure that if you turn the gain fully CCW, you can actually get that to be a clean boost too. The vid from proguitarshop.com showed them doing that, and I thought that setting sounded good. This really is one of the most versatile pedals I've used for a gain box, and it's making me think about selling my OCD.
Oh, I a/b'ed it with my Fat Boost 2. I'm hearing the same tone from both. At the same settings, the GT's boost/OD is a hair louder. Other than that I think they are the same.

Now Fulltone has a Fat Boost 3 coming out.
^which probably is a fat boost 2 which is "a hair louder"

sounds cool! so you get OCD, fat boost 3 and distortion in the same pedal?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by mikewaz
I'm pretty sure that if you turn the gain fully CCW, you can actually get that to be a clean boost too. The vid from proguitarshop.com showed them doing that, and I thought that setting sounded good. This really is one of the most versatile pedals I've used for a gain box, and it's making me think about selling my OCD.

Yeah, when the drive is set really low it stays clean. Even more so at 18v.

The Boost/OD side does:
clean boost, drive set low
boost w/ color/fat, drive at 9 - 3 o'clock
OD, drive above 3 o'clock
*at 18v, the headroom gets higher. Tone stays clean and crisp

Then you have the Distortion side.
Then the option of dist --> boost/od or boost/od --> dist

This pedal does a lot.
Quote by hendriko
^which probably is a fat boost 2 which is "a hair louder"

sounds cool! so you get OCD, fat boost 3 and distortion in the same pedal?

I haven't a/b the OCD with it yet. I've heard some say that the distortion side is an OCD. I personally think that the distortion side is a little rougher. Like I said though, I haven't a/b'ed them yet.
I quickly hooked the OCD and GT-500 up. They sould a lot alike. I still have to say that the GT has a little more grit/hair than the OCD.

Granted I did this very quick. Maybe the difference is from the GT's EQ?

From Fulltone's site
The Hi-Gain side has a discrete Inductor-Driven Midrange circuit....never been done in a pedal before. Yes there's a wah wah inductor inside the pedal that gives the Midrange control its ability to drastically increase or decrease the entire Low Mid, Mid, and Hi-Mid frequencies, to comical proportions.
^so the OCD is a "high-gain" pedal then too? if they call the gt500 that - other than that, that thing sounds sweet as hell!

DANGIT THAT GT-500 sounds NICE!

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Last edited by hendriko at Mar 12, 2009,