Hey whenever I play a song that requires a lot of movement with the right hand (I play fingerstyle) the bottom of my forearm starts cramping. It always happens in the same part of the song. Am I doing something wrong?
Hmm. That only happens when I play sitting down and have my forearm pressed onto the top of my bass.
Chances are, you just don't have enough stamina to play the whole thing comfortably. That's why it happens at the same part each time.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
either take a break
but it its from gettin tired dont stop keep playin so u build up the strength in ur arm
You need to build up strength and make sure your arm isn't too tense or tight when you are playing. This adds to quick fatigue and cramps.

Stop playing when this happens, stretch in the opposite direction of the cramp and drink some water or juice.
Play it a bit slower and try to relax your arm as much as you can and work back up to the full speed of the song. Also keep your wrist straight and dont place your forearm on anything (like resting it on the bass)

Pretty much just relax, you'll develop strength in your muscles along the way, you can help it out by maybe working out a bit and what not.

Also stretch before playing, I usually hold out my arm and pull my hand back a bit for about 15 seconds for each ... maybe do some push ups or something to get the blood flowing.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Last edited by Thegian at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by Thegian
Play it a bit slower and try to relax your arm as much as you can and work back up to the full speed of the song. Also keep your wrist straight and dont place your forearm on anything (like resting it on the bass)

Pretty much just relax, you'll develop strength in your muscles along the way, you can help it out by maybe working out a bit and what not.

Also stretch before playing, I usually hold out my arm and pull my hand back a bit for about 15 seconds for each ... maybe do some push ups or something to get the blood flowing.

I agree with everything you've said.

Try anchoring your thumb to keep your arm uncramped, and stretch before playing, and when the cramp occurs.
u need to keep ur wrist straight. gary willis did a video about the right hand technique, and he said keeping the wrist straight is very important to keep the forarm musle working properly. search on youtube.
Quote by jb_reborn
u need to keep ur wrist straight. gary willis did a video about the right hand technique, and he said keeping the wrist straight is very important to keep the forarm musle working properly. search on youtube.

Would the position from putting your thumb on the pickup cause cramping then?