I tried a few guitars at GC.

I used the Fender Blues Jr. as the test-amp.

Here are my findings:

1st guitar I tried was a Fender Deluxe Tele. It sounded okay, but couldnt do Bowie type stuff.

2nd guitar was a Fat-strat. It sounded too thin, even with humbucker.

3rd guitar was HH Jaguar (black and chrome). It sounded alright but too shrill with main circuit switch.

4th guitar was a Schecter HH strat. I was skeptical at first as I had tried a few Schecter's and they were too bassy.

To my surprise, it could do 60's jangle-pop as well as Bowie, and other 80's with no problem! I looked to see what model it was and it was the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. Quilt-Maple Top, Black Cherry finish. Also it looked and felt arched-top kinda like a hollow-body. But it was solid. Also the neck was a bit fatter than I'm used to. But, with time I think I could get used to it.

What's UG's opinion on this awesome guitar?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Hellraiser-C-1-Electric-Guitar-518451-i1385936.gc
sorry but ltd v100 is wrong, you can't just say any schecter is worth getting, not true
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
im in the market for a schecter myself, and I've only played the C-1 classic from a couple years ago, and it played amazingly as well!

done a bit of researching around myself, and really havent found anything bad about schecters at all other than they have a fatter neck than most. Only negative thing i've read is that the electronics may not be up to par with other higher end models, but i wouldn't quote me on that, cause i've only played one...once :P

Good luck!
I am completely sold on the Schecter Hellraiser. I wish I was in your shoes, and getting one. They are an excellent alternative to Ibanez or ESP. I think the best thing about the Schecters is that they come stock with EMG pickups, Grover tuners, and Tonepros bridges. This really sold me on their quality. These are all parts I'd replace on an Asian import guitar, anyway.
I own one ( in black ) and its a great guitar it took while to love it though and now i cant put the dam thing down
I like it because it has a nice warm sound without the pickups buzzing. Also, it has a really nice depth to it.

It has strong punchy mids, just right amount of bass, and treble is backed off just enough to not be shrill, but still keep its presence.

I love it. If it sounded this good through a Fender, imagine what'll sound like through my '68 Ampeg Gemini!!! :WTF:
Uhm, first of all... Schecter Hellraisers are not strats... at all...

If you're referring to the body, that's generally called Agathis.
Quote by Twisted Magnum
I'd throw a Marshall MG at him while he succumbs to tone killing gain.

Quote by King Krapp
Spend all $200 on M&M's, then find a friend with an acoustic, and fill the body with them. Why? Because you can.

personaly, i dont like schecter because of the necks, but thats just my opinion. talking about sound, they are great guitars.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
I got my Schecter Gryphon in 2006, but it hasn't been played in a while because I got my first acoustic in August, which soaked up much of my playing, and I recently got a Fender MIJ strat and a Fender Blues Jr. (an incredible amp- perfectly warm and great for blues/ska- and it also replaced my Line 6 Spider II 30). I liked my Schecter for a while, and it's a well-made guitar. But that was when I was still early into my playing, and when I was playing more hardcore/hard rock/ metal music. Now that I've upgraded, it doesn't really suit my style that much anymore, but it was a great guitar for a long time. It could do all metal styles I wanted, and it could do rock in general very well. I wasn't very much into blues/ska/folk/alternative at the time, so I never really tested it out for those genres that frequently. I also played it through the Line 6, which was always very unsatisfying.

hoped that helped.

What amp do you have (because the Blues Jr. is great!)?
Fender 1989 MIJ Strat (It's from the 80's, so it's gotta be legit!)
Breedlove AC25 SM
I will be running it through an original '68 Ampeg Gemini (my dad's from when he played).

I am also looking for an amp that I can take to gigs if and when I'm good enough.

btw, I play 60's jangle-pop, 80's (not shred, but Bowie, Duran Duran, Bon Jovi, etc.)

The Fender amp and this guitar fit pretty good. I could do better than the Fender amp if I had money.
are there any trems you could fit to this surface-mount style like a Bigsby? Or something similar to a Bigsby?
Quote by Sam_Prillaman
sorry but ltd v100 is wrong, you can't just say any schecter is worth getting, not true

Actually, the only schecter i can think of that i wouldnt recommend one of there basses that has horrible fret access, All there other guitars are solid and a great deal.

And the Hellraiser is one of their best.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by neptune1988
Is it possible to fit a Bigsby on the Hellraiser?

Or will it not fit or work right?

Im not sure, Ive never heard of anyone trying it.

Its probably possible, might look kinda funny...

If it doesnt work, you could always get one with a tremolo.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
What about getting the one that comes with the floyd rose, and replacing the bridge and arm with a Wilkinson?

Or too much conversion?

Would it be too hard?
UGH!!! Curse you, whoever invented active pick-ups!!!

I just realized the Hellraiser uses active pu's.

Does Schecter make one with passive pu's?
Quote by neptune1988
UGH!!! Curse you, whoever invented active pick-ups!!!

I just realized the Hellraiser uses active pu's.

Does Schecter make one with passive pu's?

Bah, what's so bad about actives, if they sound good then who's to complain.
I AM!!!

I am to complain!

I hate 'em because they use batteries. The same reason when I buy pedals, I ALWAYS buy an adapter, so you dont waste money on batteries.

Does schecter make anything with passive pu's?
Quote by neptune1988
I AM!!!

I am to complain!

I hate 'em because they use batteries. The same reason when I buy pedals, I ALWAYS buy an adapter, so you dont waste money on batteries.

Throw in an alkaline battery and you're good for so long you'll forget you have to use em.

However, Schecter does make some great guitars with passive pickups, my favourite of which is the C-1 classic. Take a look at that thing or other models in the C-1 line.
You should not hate them because they use batteries, i own a guitar with actives and i only have to change the battery every 2 - 3 months. The awesome sound you achieve with these pickups far outweighs the $3 for a new battery ever few months. Just make sure you unplug the guitar after playing it.

I'm also hopefully getting a C1 this weekend. yay

Quote by neptune1988
I AM!!!

I am to complain!