Id try it out. It looks good, very nice Tweed amp, looks close to a Bassman RI. Dano stuff isnt the highest quality all the time, because of age and restrictions in building materials. But id try it out at least, it doesnt look too bad.
Yep, actually I was looking for a bassman RI, and that came up in craigslist. Definitely worth checking out. And yeah, unfortunately poor quality is common among Dano's. But I could always get it set up at a guitar shop and replace tubes, caps, etc. Whatever else needs work.
The only thing is that there's also a bassman reissue on craigslist for $700. I doubt I'll get it though. I just wouldn't be satisfied with a reissue, if you know what I mean. I have a bit of a craving for vintage gear... Also I doubt it would sound as good. I've heard amazing things about the dano explorer from what I've read.

Thanks for the replies, I'll try to check it out soon!
actually that's a good question. I don't see the wattage anywhere. It's a small gig amp though, so I'd guess anywhere from 20 to 40 tube watts
Looks like 2x5881/6L6WGB and a 5R4 rectifier.

Probably 30-50 watts.

Apparently it has tremolo, too.

MIA, in the Valco Factory, probably.

Looks like invariable win, to me. Great amp you have there! Chicago sound in a box.
Haha, don't have it yet, but theres a good chance I'll get it. Just have to sell my tiny terror for some cash first. (Love the orange amp but my playing style is changing..)

Only thing is I wish it had reverb, but I can manage without. Tremelo is cool to have too
Last edited by UrineMist at Mar 10, 2009,
whoa.. I thought that was an amp head at first Who needs reverb that nice? haha. I'll probably just end up getting a holy grail or a nicer used reverb
Last edited by UrineMist at Mar 11, 2009,
Quote by UrineMist
whoa.. I thought that was an amp head at first Who needs reverb that nice? haha. I'll probably just end up getting a holy grail or a nicer used reverb

Everyone needs a reverb that nice :stickpoke

At least it's cheaper than the Fender RI Reverb unit.