What are some shamelessly commercial pop songs (I'm not talking "pop" as in pop that's ACTUALLY good, e.g. The Beatles and Oasis) that you really like, that are completely radio-loved? Just curious.

Here are some:
Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway (it just has a wonderful feel and melody to it... it's brilliant )
James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover (it's completely sad and from the heart... completely depressing)
Boyce Avenue - With You (cover of the Chris Brown song, but acoustic, no drums & with much emotion & feel to it... mind-blowing)
Nelly, Diddy & Lee Murphy - Shake Ya Tailfeather (just good for some reason)
Goo Goo Dolls - Black Balloon (the intro is unlike anything I've ever heard, great melody)

Edit:
O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei (AKA the Numa Numa song... how can you not like it?)
T.I. ft. Justin Timberlake - Dead and Gone (I like the chorus.)

=(

But hey, check out Boyce Avenue's cover of With You and tell me this isn't the most emotional pop ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTMvrpJ7IHM

Also I thought Disturbia was pretty inventive for what it is.

Anyway, what are some of yours?

(also, in b4 )
Last edited by Severide at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by Severide
Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway (it just has a wonderful feel and melody to it... it's brilliant )

Good song. A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton is fun to listen to as well. I don't really make it secret that I listen to it, though. There's tons of mainstream pop that I listen to sometimes, but I never learn/remember the song titles/artist.
Yea, I like a lot of todays pop, as well as Beatles and Dylan of course, but today's pop is good, just not good enough to buy though, so i have none of it on my iPod.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
THat Nelly furtado song about being a bird. I'm like a bird?

I also like a lot of old 80's, 90's.
Quote by beyondthegrave
elton john - tiny dancer is the only one i can think of.

And this. Elton John = awesome.
Rihana-Umbrella

i cant resist her
when the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

Starsceam of the Decepticon Transformers G1 Club
PM irishmatt1992 To Join!
A lot of Timbaland stuff, it's just catchy
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
I've got a secret liking for Katy Perry : (
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Bro, what's wrong with liking the goo goo dolls? Their acoustic songs are ****ing incredible. Acoustic #3 and Iris are amazing tunes.

I am a big fan of Justin Timberlake and a great deal of any Timbaland collaborated songs, specifically summer love and apologize.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
I've been known to listen to Dido's "Thank You" on occasion. But not secretly; what I like is what I like, no shame in that.

If you consider KT Tunstall to be "mainstream pop," I like a fair amount of her stuff, too.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Severide
What are some shamelessly commercial pop songs (I'm not talking "pop" as in pop that's ACTUALLY good, e.g. The Beatles and Oasis) that you really like, that are completely radio-loved? Just curious.

Here are some:
James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover (it's completely sad and from the heart... completely depressing)
Boyce Avenue - With You (cover of the Chris Brown song, but acoustic, no drums & with much emotion & feel to it... mind-blowing)
Nelly, Diddy & Lee Murphy - Shake Ya Tailfeather (just good for some reason)
Goo Goo Dolls - Black Balloon (the intro is unlike anything I've ever heard, great melody)

=(

But hey, check out Boyce Avenue's cover of With You and tell me this isn't the most emotional pop ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTMvrpJ7IHM

Also I thought Disturbia was pretty inventive for what it is.

Anyway, what are some of yours?

(also, in b4 )

lulz
You're*
Senorita by Justin Timberlake.
I'd put the ~ over the n in Senorita but its 2am and I'm on a laptop so no num-pad without having to hold down fn and alt, and I can't remember the alt code xD
Quote by AsianShredder09
Hot N Cold - Katy Perry

Not particularly embarrassed or anything by it, but this for certain. Every time I hear it, it remains in my head for hours. Though, during the middle, I always seem to think about how good a talk box solo would fit.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
Nelly Furtado "Say It Right" - It has such a lovely melody in the vocals I just love. I saw a live video where they had a guitarist do a solo using the notes from the vocals.
Nickelback "Savin' Me" - I can't explain why but it is nice when you really listen to it.
Sara Bareilles "Love Song" - I like the song as a whole. The piano is very good. I ought to listen to more of her stuff. I just didn't have the enthusiasm to. =(

That's all I can think of.
Last edited by _A.D.I.D.A.S._ at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by metaldud536

And this. Elton John = awesome.

Dude, early Sir Elton is like progressive pop psychedelic pop funk rock.

It's fucking trippy 0_0
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Dude, early Sir Elton is like progressive pop psychedelic pop funk rock.

It's fucking trippy 0_0

I need to look into that. I got all his hit singles. Did not like the Lion king songs though >_>;
Sara Bareilles "Love Song"-Nice song...and I find myself attracted to her.xD
Paramore "Misery Business" and "Crushcrushcrush"-How strange...another attractive female vocalist.
Coldplay "Violet Hill"-The beginning of this song reminds me a lot of "Ultraviolet" by U2 but I like it.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Say- John Mayer it kinda drives the point home, and its so easy to cover with an acoustic feel
i have hanson's mmmbop on my itunes and listen to it quite regularly.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by metaldud536
I need to look into that. I got all his hit singles. Did not like the Lion king songs though >_>;

Madman Across the Water, Empty Sky, and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road are all just amazingly well-written albums.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
it's no secret but:
Maroon 5
Sara Barielles (spelling?)
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Eric Hutchinson
Jason Mraz
Corinne Bailey Rae
KT Tunstall
a lot of the modern female folk-pop singers
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Madman Across the Water, Empty Sky, and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road are all just amazingly well-written albums.

Yea I really enjoyed Goodbye Yellow Brick Road especially the chorus. I guess I should see the album this awesome song came from. To blogspot and AWAY!
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
i have hanson's mmmbop on my itunes and listen to it quite regularly.

I own every Hanson release, including 3-Car Garage: The Indie Recordings, and I just learned how to sing and play MmmBop
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson