So i always wanted a strats smooth maple neck with the thick les paul body and tone.i also work for sears tool dept. so i love building stuff. so what better adventure for my week long spring break then to strat a project like so.
ive been looking only for mahogany body blanks but i dont know exactly what to look for. i was hoping i could get some help. is there a good site that offers this quality wood at a good price? or should i go scavaging lumber yards? i would like to know what to look for.

i figured id pick up an 08 strat neck off ebay after i attempt the body incase of any mishaps, i dont wanna be $400 in the hole.

is there any good website to pick up the hardware?(tuners,screws,etc.) i will probally stick with an sss configuration, but i like the 2 volume 2 tone knows so i can pull some randy rhoades/van halen on and offs as well as a tremolo but not a floyd rose, im not a fan of those(to comlicated for me to tune down)

any help would be greatly appriciated. thank you ,
---joe cerillo
talk to metalwarrior40 or nuthinbuttrubl3 about parts, as for wood, i'm not an expert, but just to get something without knots. and a consistent grain. they should be able to help you out a bit for parts.
^nuthinbuttrubl8

not 3.

yeah, talk to them, and LPaddict, and check local lumberyards.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
well lpaddict isn't doing guitars anymore is he? i dont know how often he checks his stuff. and Metalwarrior40 is starting his own thing as is nuthinbuttrubl8, thanks for the correction AJK
lp will still sell stuff iirc. least i thought he would.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
if you get something to stabilize your trem a FR wont nearly be as bad to down tune. also, you might as well do 3 vol, 1 tone. i think it would do your sound more justice, just me though.
What I need for my guitar
1. 21 fret maple neck-$49
2. wired pickup guard- $135 or $38
3. string trees-$6
4. neck plate $9
5. 6 on a plate tuners- $26
6. USA Strat- 2 Point Hardened Steel temolo- $43
$268 + wood= $318

am i missing anything?
im starting to look at the mohagany bodies, due to all the routing. its getting scarier by the hour lol
i rang sh*t loads of furniture maker shops, and asked if they had any offcuts or mahogany thats how i got my blank it takes time but it's worth it

and i got it real cheap as otherwise they probably just throw it out