So my family just got busted for illegally downloading a Zappa song.....

that we've never heard of before. We got a Media com notice today. My dad called, and convinced them that it wasn't us. Which it wasn't. Turns out it was someone tapping into our wi-fi. I've only heard Zappa on the radio. We have an alibi, too. It(the report) said that we downloaded it at 5:03 PM, Sunday, March 1. On that same Sunday, we went to a visitation for my grandpa, who passed away that Wednesday. We were there from 4:00 to 7:30. We just avoided a $250,000 lawsuit. we didn't do it.

TL;DR: some dude used my family's wifi to download a zappa song. we had an alibi. read long paragraph for details.our wifi is now encrypted.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at Mar 10, 2009,
you got lucky
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
wow. I stop now.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
i've never actually heard of someone getting involved with the law for a single song. odd. you're an anomaly.
youre one in a million, theres really no cause for alarm for everyone else. they've practically given up on busting downloaders, and now only occasionally go after uploaders.
Yeah, we're the first. I'm just happy that they believed us. Most people wouldn't in a situation like that.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
To avoid this in the future, I suggest securing your router.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I'm glad I live in Canada. Our laws are too vague about downloading.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by Psychaberration
youre one in a million, theres really no cause for alarm for everyone else. they've practically given up on busting downloaders, and now only occasionally go after uploaders.

finally they are using common sense
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
i think im going to stop pirating now. iv've heard 2 cases this week about people getting caught illegally downloading stuff.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
im glad i live in mexico were it is illegal NOT to download music
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
The RIAA usually takes down the people who only get a few songs. That way they don't get laughed out of court when they try to sue for hundreds of millions on a family.
Dude, that paragraph is HUGE! Do you really expect us to read all that?
just kidding

That's surprising though, do you know what website he downloaded it from?
That's why you don't download through p2p or torrent. They only track p2p and torrents. Go to skreemr.com or search mediafire.com with Google.
Quote by MetalMegaMan

Quote by Psychaberration

finally they are using common sense

Except for the fact that all the uploaders live in Sweden.... or Nigeria.... Or Bel-aire...
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Which is why I don't **** with Zappa
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Quote by Psychaberration

Actually they only go after uploaders because those are the only people they can see, as far as I know (my entire family is fairly good with computer) the RIAA can't see if you if you're just downloading, you have to actually share your files in order to get caught.

Quote by captivate
I'm glad I live in Canada. Our laws are too vague about downloading.

Amen Brother
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

IA! IA! CTHULHU FHTAGN!
Quote by InvaderTSN
The only downside is that the music gives you violent diarrhea.

You get used to it. After I came back from Mexico, it felt weird to crap normally.
I still think that legal action being taken against you for what is on your private property (your PC) is an invasion of privacy.
We're only strays.