ile keep it short i need a good 6 string bass. i know the one i want to get but unfortunately its 2500$ so im gonna have to settle for a bit, im looking to spend anything below 1000$ any help would be pritty cool
On a tight budget, I would have to recommend the Ibanez SR506. Great bass for the value. Of course, I really enjoy the design of Ibanez SR 6 strings. Very thin and fast neck. I own a SR1006 myself and it's my #1 bass.
Ibanez SR of any sort.
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
My last issue of bass player had an article on cheap 6-strings, lemme try to find it.

Edit: Found it. They recommend the Washburn CB-165P and the Peavey Grind Bass 6 BXP NTB

Edit again:

Quote by PluckU
Ibanez SR of any sort.

Listen to this dude, I've never seen Ibanez rip anyone off.
Last edited by herby190 at Mar 10, 2009,
I own a SR506 and it has been my main bass for at least 3 years. It's great sounding, not too expensive, and very reliable.
Quote by Greenday389
I own a SR506 and it has been my main bass for at least 3 years. It's great sounding, not too expensive, and very reliable.

oh thats awesome, what kind of sounds can you get? like anything from the round deep and boomy to that rattly sound to that hollow M E T A L sound? or are there any limitations?
Quote by Greenday389
I play metal, jazz, funk, ska, punk, you name it. It can do it all.

that is amazing, you my kind sir have sealed the deal, i am in your dept
The SR series have the most versatile sound for the price. And for the price they are quite amazing basses. Tonally you can get everything from a modern jazz to a metal sound.

Like Mitch, I use mine for just about everything from jazz to surf rock to playing metal with the kid. My only quibble with the 5 and 6 strings is that the string spacing makes it a bit hard to slap at times.
My spector legend 6 does a pretty tasty job,though the basswood rendered it unsellable as it's so soft that when I installed straplocks I had to drill new holes