need a bass player, singer, and drummer. Im a guitarist just moved back to philly, I have'nt really met anyone who plays instruments. Been playing for a year self taught, im no pro but I got some interesting (at least i think) song ideas/lyrics/music. My sound touches all genres, but im looking to make music that sounds different and refreshing, from a lot of the bull-ish you hear on the radio or MTV. Im not looking for seasoned vets, but anyone who wants to come together and see what we can come up with is welcome.......
i live in the suburbs, work in center city, and im in west chester every weekend. i play guitar but i could easily play bass, dont have bass epuipment tho, only guitar. my friend plays drums. What kind of band were you trying to start?
I'm in the suburbs area, too.

Can you explain the sound you're after a bit better?
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
Im mostly into hardcore/punk. Look at my favorite bands in my profile and ull see what kind of stuff im into.
i live in the hoood fellas, Germantown to be on point, and i dont have a lot of money or time to go back and fourth to west chester. I was thinkin more locally, but ill keep in touch with u guys when **** gets better 4 me ill let you know. Im into punk/blues/hard rock, the bands I cant live without are

The White Stripes
Nirvana
The Doors
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
The Racounteurs
Hole
Manson
Jimi

I really just want to start a band that does'nt give a ****, rock and roll means no rules so we do whatever the **** we want and play what we wanna play. Im a genre *****, non-conformist. Basically just a dirty wild funky hard as concrete sound.
Quote by JonnyBlack
I really just want to start a band that does'nt give a ****, rock and roll means no rules so we do whatever the **** we want and play what we wanna play. Im a genre *****, non-conformist. Basically just a dirty wild funky hard as concrete sound.

this so reminds me of early RHCP (mothers milk and before) for some reason. and i love it.
I'm from Philly. Mostly interested in brutal death metal, deathcore or grindcore.
mostly trying to do stuff along the lines of

Trash Talk
Ceremony
Mother of Mercy
Lewd Acts
Blacklisted
Trapped Under Ice

but would love to do some kind of posthardcore stuff along the lines of Glassjaw

would really want to do a hardcore band with big rock riffs, like War Pigs or The Bronx
Last edited by handbanana at Mar 13, 2009,