Poll: How many bands are you in?
Poll Options
View poll results: How many bands are you in?
None
46 49%
One
33 35%
Two
8 9%
Three
3 3%
Four
1 1%
Five or More
3 3%
Voters: 94.
Page 1 of 2
Simple as that. How many serious bands are you in.

By serious, I mean you have shows, write your own material, practice more than once a month. Something you're actually putting effort into.

For me, I'm in three "serious" bands.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by JezuzFingerz
Oh i lol'd quite a lot. Internets to you Normul. Normul you are the funniest man on all the internets. I would gladly make dirty lovin' to Normul all night long. Normul is the reason I breath. Normul

I don't blame myself. I wouldn't want me in my band either.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
0, by your standards.

Though my friends and I write a lot, and we really just need a drummer. We even have a name. But we can't gig without a drummer.
I pretty much just jam with a bunch of people, never really have anything organized. I'd like to, but I'm in way too much trouble right now to have to deal with that ****. House arrest makes it hard to play gigs.
2 as a guitarist (one metal, one solo stuff)
1 as a screamer
1 just by myself, but i get shows so it counts.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Well, I'd just like to point out that I believe it's f*cked that you have three, and I can't even find guys dedicated enough to keep ONE working.

Damn you.

Damn you and your alien hands.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
one serious one, and then we formed a new one with the same members (with fake accents of course) to fill the bill at a benefit concert for the homeless we organized last month.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
have potential for 2 but none. My first band just has nobody who can practice. My second is a bunch of posers lol.
in other words
Band 1-real metal heads
Band 2-posers
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Quote by synpet713192
0, by your standards.

Though my friends and I write a lot, and we really just need a drummer. We even have a name. But we can't gig without a drummer.

Have you seen Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist ?
None I guess, me and my friends jam a lot and we have a song written (we haven't been jamming that long) but we don't have a complete band yet. I'm the drummer and 2 of my friends are the guitarists.
well - 6 months ago 3 serious giggin bands - i've now moved town = ****

you can't be looking at serious recording contracts if you're in multiple bands though - you have one serious project, once you sell more than 00k records international you can start a side project and still be taken seriously - till then stick to one
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
band 1- genre still under debate
band 2- KOL/deathcab stuff
band 3- hardcore punk
Quote by strat0blaster
Well, I'd just like to point out that I believe it's f*cked that you have three, and I can't even find guys dedicated enough to keep ONE working.

Damn you.

Damn you and your alien hands.

I drum in all three...

>.>
<.<

Quote by doive
well - 6 months ago 3 serious giggin bands - i've now moved town = ****

you can't be looking at serious recording contracts if you're in multiple bands though - you have one serious project, once you sell more than 00k records international you can start a side project and still be taken seriously - till then stick to one

Good thing I'm in highschool. Two bands are popular here. One is just some friends who play straight up hardcore, so it's not that hard.
Follow me on Twitter
Last edited by brandon369852 at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by brandon369852
I drum in all three...

>.>
<.<

AH! And therein lies the truth!

Drummers are always in high demand.

I retract my previous comment. You're working your anus and/or brown eye off.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
AH! And therein lies the truth!

Drummers are always in high demand.

I retract my previous comment. You're working your anus and/or brown eye off.

You got it.
Follow me on Twitter
Guitarist in both
one is original blues-rock and folk-acoustic
two is punk-pop-rock with a girl singer :0

One is mine i write 80% of the words/lyrics
i just play in two
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Unfortunatly, 0

Quote by VanCamp
Pee on things.

Quote by tukk04
back in black-AC/DC
because maybe it'd revive me instantly
i just hope i don't come back black

My Gear
Epiphone SG
Roland 15 Watt Cube Amp
Samick J-2 Acoustic
Oh wow, I thought I was the only one with no band....I feel like I have alot to offer musically, how tragic!
Gear:

Les Paul Standard
Triple XXX with Marshall 1960B Cab
V-amp 2
Digitech WH-4
Ibanez WD7
One...I am the only member though

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Just one. I've got a few side projects I do for fun though.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Aye! I be but only in one serious band MATEY!
Quote by thestonedone
You see this is why it's wrong to rape your guitar... in public.

Quote by mroctoberfest
I want to name an invention the Insta-gasm 3000. I feel very strongly about this.

Gear Setup:
Jackson Rhoads
Digitech Grunge
Fender FM 212R
Quote by razorback_al_31
None, my band fell apart about 3 months ago and i've been looking for more people to write with since then. But ever person i've jammed with are either egotistical f*cktards or can't play.

That's why I just took my time learning to play every instrument and write my own stuff. I'd still love a good band, though.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
^Ninjas FTW
edit:crap too late
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.

Last edited by jwax at Mar 10, 2009,
Quote by razorback_al_31
None, my band fell apart about 3 months ago and i've been looking for more people to write with since then. But ever person i've jammed with are either egotistical f*cktards or can't play.
Lucky you. Most of the people I've jammed with are egotistical f*cktards who also can't play.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by strat0blaster
That's why I just took my time learning to play every instrument and write my own stuff. I'd still love a good band, though.

I can play guitar, drums, scream and bass but i don't have drums or a bass or a program or computer to record it all onto. So trying to write songs with a guitar and a mike isn't that easy. i just need to find another guitarist that i can riff with, cause then i can work all the sh*t out from that.

Put i know what your saying, i'd love you to that.

What programs to you use to record your stuff?
Quote by razorback_al_31
I can play guitar, drums, scream and bass but i don't have drums or a bass or a program or computer to record it all onto. So trying to write songs with a guitar and a mike isn't that easy. i just need to find another guitarist that i can riff with, cause then i can work all the sh*t out from that.

i use Audacity,me likes it.

Five or more. I am an integral part of all my favourite bands, for I am one who supports them by buying their merch and going to their shows, thus propelling them closer to ultimate stardom.
Quote by razorback_al_31

I use Ableton through an M-Audio FastTrack interface. Works damn well for me.

I use a drum machine, by the way. THey're actually not completely awful anymore if you get a decent one. I got a Boss Dr. Rhythm. It's definitely not a real kit, mind you - but it works well enough.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Page 1 of 2