It is a little beat up, but you obviously like playing it, I'd go for it, hows it sound?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
it plays really well. i ran through a fender frontman that was there just for kicks. it sounds great. it is beat but is is also 44 years old
Yeh well its always cool to say you have a guitar older then you

*hoping your not a middle age gentleman...*
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
if it plays and sounds great and you have that cash kicking about then why not?
don't expect it to last like a gibson custom tho :p
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
income tax checks are great to blow on guitars! hahaha
one thing that bothered me was that it was that old and its beat now it can only get worse. know any good amps to run em through? the fender played well, all together you get a real bluesy sound
Wow, it's ugly to boot too, at least the head stock. I'd say if you really love the sound why not?
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
well part of me is starting to get a little eh towards it. when i left i was in love but dont know about spending $300 on it, having it look the way it does and all. dont want it just kicking the bucket
I don't like the looks but if it's nice,buy it.
$300 is really not alot,considering its vintage.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
yeah but when you are strapped on caash $300 can seem like a million. The looks are **** but the tone is great, and yeah its vintage! Thought more about it today, and its pretty much running my life and i dont have it yet.
I know looks aren't what to go by, but that is ugly as sh it. If it plays great then I guess looks don't matter.
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Quote by Ian hawkins
I don't like the looks but if it's nice,buy it.
$300 is really not alot,considering its vintage.

its not vintage
that ones just old and ugly
i suggest getting a new guitar so you actually know it wont kick the bucket as soon as you get it home and start to play
Quote by satcre3
thats another bad thing
18 frets WTF!

i'm guessing TS enjoys playing rythym?
Quote by guitarlegend187
why nothing less than 22 frets?

because even basses have 20-22 frets
and you wont be able to play any solos on that hunk o junk if your life depended on it
Quote by guitarlegend187
why nothing less than 22 frets?

because you're gonna want those extra frets when you sit down and try writing your own solo's. or just to mess around, you'r gonna want the extra range.
soloing was not the reason i wanted it. i wanted it for the clean tone it gives. it plays indie/alt and blues real well. could always go the danelectro dano '63 reisusse for cheaper, it was modeld after the the '65 silvertone. its cheaper too, but does not have the classic lipstick pick ups, sound and feel
I think it looks pretty sweet, the headstock is really original. If it sounds and feels really good to you, i'd go for it!
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
well ive been doing some looking and found a '59 dano for cheaper dont know if its a reissue or not tho (guy hasn't replied) and a '67 danelectro convertible for $300. Danelectro is a great company. Many greats use their guitars. Not a lot of people like em or whatever because nowadays they are not a huge company. After doing research on these bad boys, im in love