the question is

electric force between two plates question

What potential difference, acting over a distance of 3.5 cm, would be needed to balance the downward force of gravity so that an electron would remain stationary? Assume that the electric field is uniform.

so far my answers have been

2.00×10−12
1.90×10−12
−2.00×10−12
2.40×10−12

i am completely lost now and stuck, any help would be appreciated
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Homework Help Thread
*Reported*
Quote by JezuzFingerz
Oh i lol'd quite a lot. Internets to you Normul. Normul you are the funniest man on all the internets. I would gladly make dirty lovin' to Normul all night long. Normul is the reason I breath. Normul
How do you know this is him asking for help with homework, and not him asking for help out of pure interest?
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
Quote by Inertiaaa
How do you know this is him asking for help with homework, and not him asking for help out of pure interest?

Unless he is stuck in something that requires him knowing the physics of getting out of it, I assume he is stuck on homework.
Quote by JezuzFingerz
Oh i lol'd quite a lot. Internets to you Normul. Normul you are the funniest man on all the internets. I would gladly make dirty lovin' to Normul all night long. Normul is the reason I breath. Normul
ok for force of gravity you use F=mg or mass times gravity. mass of an electron is 9.11 e -31 kg and use 9.8 for g. the force of plates is F=Ed where E is the electic field.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~