Ok, lets see if the pit can help me here.

I've had a computer that crashed like 3 years ago in my closet and i finally pulled the harddrive out of it. Im 99% it wasnt the harddrive that had the issue, but none the less. . .

What do i do now to access the data as if it were an external harddrive?
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
hook it into another computer if it has an os make it a primary, if it is just data make it a slave. and remember to set the jumper.

if it does happen to be the drive send me a pm, ill tell you bout some stuff that you can look for to get your data. i just had it happen to me recently where it was the drive that failed. im in the proccess of getting it all back now.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
Hopefully your computer is running IDE drives. Look it up on google if you dont know what an IDE looks like. Anyways, you need to pull the little plastic rectangular piece out of the drive type selecter and set it to slave. Next open your comp up and find the IDE cable thats hooked into your primary harddrive. It should say master on the cable that is hooked into the primary drive. A little away from the part that is plugged in should be a spot that says Slave on it. Plug the drive you want as a backup into that and secure that bitch. Turn your computer on and it should be under my computer.
do you really think i would post in here i havent gone to google?

I AM A FIRM BELIEVER THAT NOTHING IS NEAR AS EASY AS IT SHOULD BE

for those that helped, i am grateful
Electro Metal???

myspace.com/lividarchaic
You can use hard drive recovery software to recover your lost or deleted hard drive data this tool is capable of recovering the inaccessible in accessible state. If your hard drive components are functioning. If not, I mean if it is mechanical failure or physically damaged then better you contact recovery services.
Man, to think they could already build hard drives in those days. How did they get them up there without the technology we have today?
Quote by ultimate-slash
Man, to think they could already build hard drives in those days. How did they get them up there without the technology we have today?
They got the Mexicans to build a really big wall.
Why do they always talk about the mexicans when it's the chinese who have the relevant experience on their CVs
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
Why do they always talk about the mexicans when it's the chinese who have the relevant experience on their CVs
Everyone deserves the opporchancity to learn.