Ok, I have played the Mesa's, the Marshall's,the Oranges, and they sound excellent, and they better for the price.$$$, but I recently just purchased the Line 6 spider HD100, and this thing is powerful and has amazing tone, good for anything, its the most versitile amp I have ever seen, it is definetly worth checking out, yes for those who are going to say line 6 sucks, they are probably right, but that is the solid state, the tube is so great I was shocked with the line 6 name, it would take you days to set there and figure all the options this thing has, and has anyone else played one of these? if so what are your opions on them, and are there any issues anyone is having?
i would love to have the Marshall vintage modern but i have the 212 version the spider valve and it is awesome
yeah they're fairly decent amps, I still probably wouldn't pay full price for one.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Is this the Bogner one? If so, it is actually very nice sounding. I've tried it out at Guitar Center a few times.

Definitely one of the better sounding Line 6s.
I've played them a few times and have always been impressed

But for the price you pay new for them, you could pick up a used Vetta or HD147 and have a better amp.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Do yourself a huge favor and get the Strymon SV Pre mod for that amp. I recently installed one in my SV 112 and the difference is incredible. Not that the amp was ever bad before, but now it has an actual tube preamp and really feels like a tube amp. They're 150 from Strymon.net. Simple installation too.
Line 6 SpiderValve 112 - Strymon SV Pre; G12-K100
Ibanez RG Custom Built - Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz
Line 6 M13
Quote by MatrixClaw
I've played them a few times and have always been impressed

But for the price you pay new for them, you could pick up a used Vetta or HD147 and have a better amp.

I really like the Vettas, but I think they lack the punch of a true tube amp.
Line 6 M13
Quote by Matt in Jerzey
I really like the Vettas, but I think they lack the punch of a true tube amp.

I have to disagree. Vetta's have a bigger and tighter low end than every tube amp I've played. Probably one of the contributing factors as to why Meshuggah uses them.

Congrats on the new amp BTW!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Last edited by MESAexplorer at Mar 11, 2009,
Versatile and all, but the tone just isn't up there. The effects are quite terrible too.
Quote by JilaX^
Eh, that amp is quite meh.

It's so sterile and lifeless.

This, but, I want one because there is no other distortion that matches it for the price. And I have played a lot of amps lately. I am just going to wait to find one used, I want it now.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by CarbonDeath
This, but, I want one because there is no other distortion that matches it for the price. And I have played a lot of amps lately. I am just going to wait to find one used, I want it now.

Used it's a catch for sure.
New?
Not so much.
Quote by MESAexplorer
Probably one of the contributing factors as to why Meshuggah used them.

Fixed. They ditched the Vetta and have been using the AxeFX.
If you like it, that's all that matters.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by JilaX^
Eh, that amp is quite meh.

It's so sterile and lifeless.

SV Pre fixes both of these issues. I do agree though that stock it is a bit on the dry side. The SV Pre and a G12k-100 makes it a formidable amp.
Line 6 M13
Quote by Guitarmiester
Fixed. They ditched the Vetta and have been using the AxeFX.

I dunno about that. I haven't heard anything other than rumors of them using them. Not to mention Marten is still using the Vettas. I'm 100% sure he is.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I've played one a few times, very impressive, congrats on the enw amp
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
I've got to say, from someone who isn't a line 6 fan, I've played through a couple Spider Valves (head and 212 versions) and I have enjoyed playing both amps. Played the head next to a Dual Rec in a studio and I couldn't have been more impressed with the Line 6, but I find Dual Rec's too dry and throaty sounding for my liking.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by MESAexplorer
I dunno about that. I haven't heard anything other than rumors of them using them. Not to mention Marten is still using the Vettas. I'm 100% sure he is.

They've been using the AxeFX on tour since, the last I heard, September. At the very start of touring, they still had their Vetta's mixed in with their rigs. Near the end of September/early October the Vetta's were no longer in their setup but the AxeFX remained in their rack.

Edit:
Fredrik made the change late Sept/early Oct, but Marten stuck with the Vetta. Then again, the last I heard anything about their rigs was the end of October. I didn't get a chance to see them on the current tour, so I'm not sure if Marten is still using a Vetta or switched to the AxeFX like Fredrik.
Last edited by Guitarmiester at Mar 12, 2009,
Still then you gotta think, the Vetta is over 5 years old. The AxeFX is brand new. If a Vetta III were available, things could be different. No denying they recorded Obzen and every album since Chaosphere with the Vetta.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Still then you gotta think, the Vetta is over 5 years old. The AxeFX is brand new. If a Vetta III were available, things could be different. No denying they recorded Obzen and every album since Chaosphere with the Vetta.

yeah, i think that when line 6 comes out with new amp models (the actual models/settings, not amps) its gonna be mindblowing, and its possible that their gonna be up there with the axefx, i think.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.