My friend has a fender Rumble 60 which can be had for like 250 at guitar center. I think it sounds pretty damn good but I want to make sure that there is nothing else in the price range that is better. I also want to play my guitar through it
Your guitar isn't gonna sound great, but that's a decent bass amp. See what Hartke has in the price range, or maybe Acoustic (brand) amps.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
You should ask this in the bass forum because barely anyone here in GC&A knows anything about bass gear. However, yes, the Rumble is a good cheap amp. Good power to price ratio and sounds pretty good as well. Best - debatable, but worth it.
EDIT: Guitar sounds kickass through bass amps. I play my guitar all the time through my bass amp and it sounds better than my guitar amp (they are both practice amps though, but nevertheless). The only drawback (maybe not) will be the lack of a distortion channel.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Last edited by Dr.Pain-MD at Mar 11, 2009,
That should be good, just i recomend play before you buy. Bring your bass up to GC or whatever music shop you use and play YOUR BASS through it to make sure you can get tones you like

Edit: That is a good practice amp. Gigging, not so much imo
Last edited by Thunderbird660 at Mar 11, 2009,
I know two people who own Rumble 100s and to be honest I wasn't very impressed when I played around with the amps/saw my friends use them in live performances. It really can't cut through the mix in a band scenario and, although the tone is good at lower volumes, it doesn't sound that great when cranked up. Just my opinion though.